Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is the pharmaceutical industry going to pull its finger out and find a cure for

When is the pharmaceutical industry going to pull its finger out and find a cure for

the common cold?

It is surely the single biggest overall cause of illness, discomfort and loss of working days around, and what are they doing about it? Eh? Nothing, as far as I can see. Have a lemsip. And a box of tissues a day.

It's almost as if the industry is set up to manage ailments rather than actually cure them.

Yes, I know they mutate and shít but still, is the humble virus really cleverer than our finest medical researchers? Sort it aaaahht!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    the common cold?

It is surely the single biggest overall cause of illness, discomfort and loss of working days around, and what are they doing about it? Eh? Nothing, as far as I can see. Have a lemsip. And a box of tissues a day.

It's almost as if the industry is set up to manage ailments rather than actually cure them.

Yes, I know they mutate and shít but still, is the humble virus really cleverer than our finest medical researchers? Sort it aaaahht!!
    I believe manthe****up has been on the market for years

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I believe manthe****up has been on the market for years
    Every time I go into work with heavy symptoms, which is my usual approach, I get told off and sent home lest I infect everybody else.

Every time I go into work with heavy symptoms, which is my usual approach, I get told off and sent home lest I infect everybody else.
    You'd love it here - people get a doctor's note for a week off if they have a sniffle on a Friday

I am waiting for a cure for my ear problem I don't seem to be getting better.
    I don't trust the doctors anymore if they had given me the antibiotics the first time I went I wouldn't have had to go to hospital with blood coming out of my ears

On the bright side my bleeding ear is a slash guitar rock and roll sort of ailment
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Sent home - Jesus wept. Surely you just tell them to mind their own business and you'll carry on with your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sent home - Jesus wept. Surely you just tell them to mind their own business and you'll carry on with your work.
    Yes, because that's exactly how employees talk to CEOs. :r0lleyes:

Prick.

Best way I felt guilty being off last week. I never call in sick but had no choice.
    annoyingly I had to call in each day to say I am not coming in.
    hello still sick maybe tomorrow bye.

Yes, because that's exactly how employees talk to CEOs. :r0lleyes:

Prick.
    Rich works for the NHS - efffectively his CEO is Jeremy Hunt. He should talk to him like that