Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I would dearly love someone to explain to me how a team as well-organised and

I would dearly love someone to explain to me how a team as well-organised and

defensively disciplined as we were for much of the game last night can also be capable on occasions of showing all the coherence and co-ordination of a group of kindergarten age children whose breaktime squash has been spiked with mescaline. Mystifying stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    defensively disciplined as we were for much of the game last night can also be capable on occasions of showing all the coherence and co-ordination of a group of kindergarten age children whose breaktime squash has been spiked with mescaline. Mystifying stuff.
    Maybe it was the motivation of going on to get a crack at winning another trophy at Spurs' ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Maybe it was the motivation of going on to get a crack at winning another trophy at Spurs' ground.
    I do find it hard to believe anyone can be that motivated by the Caramac Cup, but I suppose if there's a bonus in it for them.

I do find it hard to believe anyone can be that motivated by the Caramac Cup, but I suppose if there's a bonus in it for them.
    Might be the only way we qualify for Europe next season
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

A lot of it comes down to the relatively common sense approach of footballers playing in their correct positions and in a tactical structure which suits their individual abilities.

Full backs being full backs, central defenders being shielded and aided by a midfield option who perhaps knows that is his primary role, midfield players whose qualities and attributes are perhaps more “offensive” focusing on same though also working very hard for the overall cause along with all others in the more forward positions.

Mustafi had one of his nights where he looked like a genuinely top class defender and again Wilshere showed he cannot be left out no matter how Wenger chooses to perm his midfield duo.

Chelsea were poor also I thought to be honest, when you see a superb footballer like Will.I.Am going off and being replaced by a fat, perhaps challenged Scouser then you know the stars are shining in your constellation.

And of course there was no Sanchez, remiss of me to not mention that. Can only imagine how fuming he is in his Manchester hotel this morning as he regrets the haste of his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Might be the only way we qualify for Europe next season
    Have we not already qualified for Europe by making the final?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Have we not already qualified for Europe by making the final?
    Nope - never been a place for runners-up - not even a place for FA Cup runners-up anymore hence Villa and Palace not in Europe in last three years)

#metoo

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    A lot of it comes down to the relatively common sense approach of footballers playing in their correct positions and in a tactical structure which suits their individual abilities.

Full backs being full backs, central defenders being shielded and aided by a midfield option who perhaps knows that is his primary role, midfield players whose qualities and attributes are perhaps more “offensive” focusing on same though also working very hard for the overall cause along with all others in the more forward positions.

Mustafi had one of his nights where he looked like a genuinely top class defender and again Wilshere showed he cannot be left out no matter how Wenger chooses to perm his midfield duo.

Chelsea were poor also I thought to be honest, when you see a superb footballer like Will.I.Am going off and being replaced by a fat, perhaps challenged Scouser then you know the stars are shining in your constellation.

And of course there was no Sanchez, remiss of me to not mention that. Can only imagine how fuming he is in his Manchester hotel this morning as he regrets the haste of his decision.
    Yes. I must admit that my spirits soared when I saw Willian limping off. Barkley is a huge lump of a thing, isn't he? I must admit my opinion of Wilshere improved immensely when he greeted his return from long-term injury with a distinctly robust challenge.

Glad we won...that Hazard goal would’ve given me nightmares if we didn’t.

Cut us open so easily...koscielny took an age to turn towards Hazard once the pass fizzed in.