Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mesut Ozil is just a sheer delight to watch play football.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Invincibles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbCpQzuX5DE

"Magic ball"

Chelsea
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBVVVF5-1Uo

Both wonderful runs from Paddy as well
    That little dance and flick he did against Juventus to set up FReddie was ridiculous.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That little dance and flick he did against Juventus to set up FReddie was ridiculous.....
    That was in front on me in the NB. I honestly thought he had the ball for c.30 secs before he passed it to Freddie. I was so shocked when I watched it on youtube a few years later to see it was only about 5 secs.

He's the only player ever to have slowed down time, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    That was in front on me in the NB. I honestly thought he had the ball for c.30 secs before he passed it to Freddie. I was so shocked when I watched it on youtube a few years later to see it was only about 5 secs.

Nah - Zidane could do that as well, and Pirlo. Only Arsenal player maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Nah - Zidane could do that as well, and Pirlo. Only Arsenal player maybe
    Niall Quinn used to run in slow motion, if that counts....

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

The tricks are fairly standard stuff- its the pass that gets me, and the fact that he control the defenders in a tight spot whilst looking at Freddie and times the whole thing to pull of that pass.

What a wonderful human being.

I saw a Match of the Day all time premier league XI the other day. THey did at least apologise for the fact that Dennis wasnt getting in and went on to explain that there were just too many great players in there- Cantona, Fowler, Sheringham, Beardsley.......

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The tricks are fairly standard stuff- its the pass that gets me, and the fact that he control the defenders in a tight spot whilst looking at Freddie and times the whole thing to pull of that pass.

What a wonderful human being.

I saw a Match of the Day all time premier league XI the other day. THey did at least apologise for the fact that Dennis wasnt getting in and went on to explain that there were just too many great players in there- Cantona, Fowler, Sheringham, Beardsley.......
    Who did get in then?

The thing here is that most top clubs have their own option, and fans and pundits their own view.

I assume Henry got in so to name a forward duo from the same club, at the exact same time, would potentially be controversial. Henry did get in, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Who did get in then?

The thing here is that most top clubs have their own option, and fans and pundits their own view.

I assume Henry got in so to name a forward duo from the same club, at the exact same time, would potentially be controversial. Henry did get in, yes?
    When I stay I watched it, I flicked through to the end to hear who they picked as strikers. Shearer got in and I believe they may have gone for Henry as a good partner for shearer. That was how the conversation was moving when I turned it off.

I suppose you have to look at records and based on that shearer, arguably, has to be in there. Also, they are picking an eleven. Also, shearer was on the panel

Bergkamp is the best player ever to play in this league and all but the outright morons know this. Or maybe he isnt. I suppose Renaldo was pretty good for a while.

Its Bergkamp for me, anyway