Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aubameyang emptying BVB locker into his ghastly chrome Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I thought the whole thing with diesels was they had more torque than petrol cars of a similar engine size
    You forced me to google Torque.

How is the below related to a car?

Torque is a measure of how much a force acting on an object causes that object to rotate. The object rotates about an axis, which we will call the pivot point, and will label 'O'. We will call the force 'F'. The distance from the pivot point to the point where the force acts is called the moment arm, and is denoted by 'r'. Note that this distance, 'r', is also a vector, and points from the axis of rotation to the point where the force acts. (Refer to Figure 1 for a pictoral representation of these definitions.)

I thought the whole thing with diesels was they had more torque than petrol cars of a similar engine size
    Compression ratios or some such malarkey.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Torque is a measure of how much a force acting on an object causes that object to rotate. The object rotates about an axis, which we will call the pivot point, and will label 'O'. We will call the force 'F'. The distance from the pivot point to the point where the force acts is called the moment arm, and is denoted by 'r'. Note that this distance, 'r', is also a vector, and points from the axis of rotation to the point where the force acts. (Refer to Figure 1 for a pictoral representation of these definitions.)
    Have you referred to Figure 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    scored from 2 in the last game
    There's some stat that says we've scored more goals from corners than any other PL side in the last 2 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    something, something about hitting the first man...

Olaf Thon on Aubameyang “Anyone who drives such fast cars and then comes too late to training, well there is something wrong there,”

Hmm, he has a point.
    The speed of your car is not massively relevant if you live in a city where the traffic congestion restricts you, and of course you adhere to the speed limits.

I doubt the direct path between his house and the training ground is 100% autobahn. Olaf Thon sounds like a silly man, a bitter man perhaps as PEA rides off to inevitable success in the PL and Carabao Cup.

Have you referred to Figure 1?
    Yes.

torqueI1.gif

It makes sense now.

Diesel engines have more power down the rev range which feels good but then you have to change up sooner than a petrol.

Anyway none of the above matters, diesel engines are for lorries, buses and boats. Anywon aged 5+ should know that imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Diesel engines have more power down the rev range which feels good but then you have to change up sooner than a petrol.

Anyway none of the above matters, diesel engines are for lorries, buses and boats. Anywon aged 5+ should know that imo
    I drive a diesel Barry so I would expect an apology whenever you get the chance.

Yes.

torqueI1.gif

It makes sense now.
    Glad that's all resolved

Higher torque means better in-gear acceleration, useful for over-taking or if towing trailers/caravans

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/diffe...horsepower.htm

Glad that's all resolved

Higher torque means better in-gear acceleration, useful for over-taking or if towing trailers/caravans

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/diffe...horsepower.htm

The casual racism here has been noted