Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Home cinema enthusiasts on here?

Any Home cinema enthusiasts on here?

Having a problem with my Sky Q/AVR/TV set up.

Problem being that TV picture keeps going dark but sound is fine. Xbox One X runs fine, so I know it's not the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post

Problem being that TV picture keeps going dark but sound is fine. Xbox One X runs fine, so I know it's not the TV.
    picture darkens, or goes off / black screen?

Sky Q box optical out to AVR or through HDMI? TV optical to AVR?

If sound but no picture, sounds like an interconnect.

I would remove all your interconnects and see when it goes wrong when adding them back in...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    picture darkens, or goes off / black screen?

Sky Q box optical out to AVR or through HDMI? TV optical to AVR?

If sound but no picture, sounds like an interconnect.

I would remove all your interconnects and see when it goes wrong when adding them back in...
    Picture darkens, you can just about make out the picture but not see enough to operate any menus

HDMI connects the Sky Q to AVR, then AVR to TV

Use the optical for Sound from Xbox

Removed all the interconnects as that's how I established it's the Sky Q box causing the issue, it's been fine until the last couple of weeks. So I suspect it's a dodgy HDMI cable or the 2 year old has found a unique way of ****ing the thing up

Removed all the interconnects as that's how I established it's the Sky Q box causing the issue, it's been fine until the last couple of weeks. So I suspect it's a dodgy HDMI cable or the 2 year old has found a unique way of ****ing the thing up
    Probably right, try a different HDMI cable.

In any case, use it as an excuse to get a new TV. I'm sure the missus will fully support you on this
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Turn TV round through 180 degrees. Masturbate furiously to climax ensuring as much ejaculant as possible enters the tiny vents. ( I don't need to tell you ). Problem solved

Probably right, try a different HDMI cable.

In any case, use it as an excuse to get a new TV. I'm sure the missus will fully support you on this
    Its only 18 months old......although its 4k it's not got HDR, so yes, it's an excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Turn TV round through 180 degrees. Masturbate furiously to climax ensuring as much ejaculant as possible enters the tiny vents. ( I don't need to tell you ). Problem solved
    I must admit, h, that when I saw the phrase 'home cinema', I rather assumed it meant some saucy intimate films that psrb and his missus had been making and he was seeking advice on camera angles, lighting, etc.

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered it was just about his big telly.

Its only 18 months old......although its 4k it's not got HDR, so yes, it's an excuse
    OLED - no bleeding of colours or light, no banding = stunning pictures.

OLED - no bleeding of colours or light, no banding = stunning pictures.
    Hmm, not sure I can justify over £1,200 on a new telly

Hmm, not sure I can justify over £1,200 on a new telly
    go and see won. then you'll justify it.

Buy the cheapest LG one. They supply OLED screens to all the manufacturers at the mo.
    Picture as good as more expensive ones, sound is not great, but you have home cinema.