Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supposedly after we sign Aubameyang there will no funds left for transfers

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Chelsea were always despised as a club and fan base, they would have then further annoyed Arsenal supporters because of their London identity. Then there was Mourinho. It was easy to hate them. Then you think of John Terry and others. Do people still hate Conte’s Chelsea or did people hate Ancelloti’s Chelsea? I am struggling to even think who their other recent managers were. Even from the most basic football viewpoint you can’t really recall a Chelsea side of the past decade who were enjoyable to watch play.

I don’t know anybody that hates City in such a way, even United supporters hate Liverpool more than them.

Their money and/or use of it doesn’t bother me a jot.
    When your workplace and local pubs are full of young City fans in ten years time sneering at you for supporting a shít club you might not look on their infinite wealth with quite as much good grace.

Agree with you about Chelsea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    When your workplace and local pubs are full of young City fans in ten years time sneering at you for supporting a shít club you might not look on their infinite wealth with quite as much good grace.

Agree with you about Chelsea though.
    Genuinely does not bother me A. There is always clubs richer than others.

They have loads of money and choose as a football club / business to spend it with relative abandon. We also have loads of money and choose a more careful path.

Chelsea’s spending has never specifically annoyed me. It is near impossible to keep track of to be honest. Before their rise to power we would see Man United year after year blow others out of the water in this way. I get the whole they earned their money whereas the others didn’t but I don’t tend to get overly bogged down in this side of the game.

We have never been the biggest spenders in the League, nor have we really been consistently top boys in the league either. I don’t expect or demand us to be either of those. I am perfectly cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    They have loads of money and choose as a football club / business to spend it with relative abandon. We also have loads of money and choose a more careful path.
    They have the wealth of an oil-rich Arab state from an ownership which sees the club as a toy to spend all that money on. We have the revenue which we can generate from football. We do not also have the wealth of an oil state which we just choose not to spend. There is no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They have the wealth of an oil-rich Arab state from an ownership which sees the club as a toy to spend all that money on. We have the revenue which we can generate from football. We do not also have the wealth of an oil state which we just choose not to spend. There is no comparison.
    I wasn't necessarily comparing as I know they are different, I was just setting down the two positions.