Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supposedly after we sign Aubameyang there will no funds left for transfers

Supposedly after we sign Aubameyang there will no funds left for transfers

FFP rules

No new centrehalf or DM.

Try making sense of that won

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    FFP rules

No new centrehalf or DM.

Try making sense of that won
    Which would leave us having spent virtually nothing net over two transfer windows and having no more money to spend.

Doesnt really make a lot of sense, especially as we were apparently about to hand over 90 million odd in the summer for Lemar....

I think we re talking about the difference between not making any further signings and not having the money to do so.

He was never going to go shopping for midfielders and defenders in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Which would leave us having spent virtually nothing net over two transfer windows and having no more money to spend.

Doesnt really make a lot of sense, especially as we were apparently about to hand over 90 million odd in the summer for Lemar....

I think we re talking about the difference between not making any further signings and not having the money to do so.

£60m of which was coming from City.

Anyhow, Elneny waltzed around the Emirates on Saturday like a midfield maestro and we have more defenders than you could shake a stick at, they perhaps just need to be organised a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

There’s also wage bill restrictions now which mean you’re somewhat limited in increasing your wage bill without getting rid of ****e in the squad. We’ve got rid off a few 100k a week earners and brought in 200k a week earners.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    There’s also wage bill restrictions now which mean you’re somewhat limited in increasing your wage bill without getting rid of ****e in the squad. We’ve got rid off a few 100k a week earners and brought in 200k a week earners.
    While Man Utd get rid of a 200kpw earner and brought in a 400kpw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    While Man Utd get rid of a 200kpw earner and brought in a 400kpw.
    And Pogba will want his wages bumped up to match Sanchez (and will soon be Mino Raiola's only player at his favourite cash cow*)

*apart from Lukaku

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    And Pogba will want his wages bumped up to match Sanchez (and will soon be Mino Raiola's only player at his favourite cash cow*)

*apart from Lukaku
    If he doesn’t already have a contracted clause to enforce it.

Can’t believe they are paying him so much tbh. Strikes me that the rise of and general love-in for their close neighbours is getting to them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Strikes me that the rise of and general love-in for their close neighbours is getting to them.
    The only reason Manchester City are not hated like Chelsea is because their success pisses Manchester United right off, imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The only reason Manchester City are not hated like Chelsea is because their success pisses Manchester United right off, imo

Another decade or two of this will doubtless see them transferring into the hate column but for now they are by fairly broad consent the least worst option to dominate the league.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Chelsea were always despised as a club and fan base, they would have then further annoyed Arsenal supporters because of their London identity. Then there was Mourinho. It was easy to hate them. Then you think of John Terry and others. Do people still hate Conte’s Chelsea or did people hate Ancelloti’s Chelsea? I am struggling to even think who their other recent managers were. Even from the most basic football viewpoint you can’t really recall a Chelsea side of the past decade who were enjoyable to watch play.

I don’t know anybody that hates City in such a way, even United supporters hate Liverpool more than them.

Their money and/or use of it doesn’t bother me a jot.