Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There is no-one quicker than me to denounce the french as a

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well clearly you, Steve and Luis are all abjectly useless when it comes to anything physical so skiing would not suit. A week of flailing around in the snow like a burning spastic would, I imagine, be rather unpleasant.
    No, I'm pretty good at it. It's just balance, after all. The rest is just gravity.

Skiing holidays are for people who can't think of anything more interesting to do with their time.

Well clearly you, Steve and Luis are all abjectly useless when it comes to anything physical so skiing would not suit. A week of flailing around in the snow like a burning spastic would, I imagine, be rather unpleasant.
    Au contraire, mon ami - twas years of physical activity that ****ed my knees up, making skiing a particularly stupid thing to do

I restrict my own skiing soujorns to a maximum of three days, late March and never, never never during a school holiday.

Dropping to your knees to impart relief to sailors in the Reeperbahn hardly qualifies as sport L.

I restrict my own skiing soujorns to a maximum of three days, late March and never, never never during a school holiday.
    That sounds reasonable. People who go for two weeks, though - surely they must get mind-numbingly bored?

Dropping to your knees to impart relief to sailors in the Reeperbahn hardly qualifies as sport L.
    It counts as being a good sport.

Skiing improved greatly, as with most blokes, when the wife finally admitted she was rubbish at it, didn't really enjoy it, and didn't mind it being a quick lads only break.

Not having to go in school holidays transforms the trip completely. No queues and no being totally rinsed (300% increase) on apartment rentals. It's become with me, rather like tearing around on a powerful motorbike, a litmus to indicate that although I am getting old, I am not yet elderly

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It counts as being a good sport.
    Though I have never been to Hamburg in my life

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well wherever it is in Deutschland that you hammer your liver and eat the cock then you pernickety, querulous old soak

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Really? I seem to spend half my life in the bloody place.