Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dortmund fella

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To be fair to AW if we were to sign a midfield option this month it would potentially cause selection issues in the summer when Goretzka comes at which point he would be correctly accused of a lack of vision or planning.
    I'm looking forward to telling young Leon of your fascination with him when he rocks up here next June. He certainly wouldn't be the answer to our midfield "problems" though, which I believe in most people's eyes are the failure to uncover another Vieira, a player so brilliant that I sometimes think I just imagined that he once came down to Earth and thankfully played for the Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm looking forward to telling young Leon of your fascination with him when he rocks up here next June. He certainly wouldn't be the answer to our midfield "problems" though, which I believe in most people's eyes are the failure to uncover another Vieira, a player so brilliant that I sometimes think I just imagined that he once came down to Earth and thankfully played for the Arsenal
    Fascination is perhaps over stating it, seen him a few times on the BT channels and has looked good, stood out last summer in the Confederations Cup but as you say I am unsure if he is the elixir to the perceived issues.

In terms of players being the new version of an older or existing player than he is more if anything the new Ramsey in respect of his so called engine and runs into the box type thing whereas we need a new Gilberto Silva I think.

I just love a new midfielder. Who doesn't eh.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Fascination is perhaps over stating it, seen him a few times on the BT channels and has looked good, stood out last summer in the Confederations Cup but as you say I am unsure if he is the elixir to the perceived issues.

In terms of players being the new version of an older or existing player than he is more if anything the new Ramsey in respect of his so called engine and runs into the box type thing whereas we need a new Gilberto Silva I think.

I just love a new midfielder. Who doesn't eh.

I was going to say, the player we need most now is Gilberto Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He should be our next manager imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He should be our next manager imo.
    Purely for this ace fact:

He has a giant anteater named after him at London Zoo.

That I didn't know, though I have seen the beastie many times. Went to the zoo last saturday in fact but got there a bit late and it was closed.

Whom he described as 'My slightly more hairy brother'

And also because he used to play his mandolin at his local pub in St Alban's.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Whom he described as 'My slightly more hairy brother'

And also because he used to play his mandolin at his local pub in St Alban's.
    oo - wonder which one that was. Was in St Alban's over Christmas. Some decent boozers there

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”