Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mesut stays after all, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Agree that it looks like that. Maybe Jonny Evans too which I think would represent good business - Alexis, Coq, Walcott out with Mikhtaryian and Evans in. A small net profit and rid of some deadwood.

On Auba Wenger said it's not close. BVB say no contact made by Arsenal and their manager has issued a statement telling Arsene that he should worry about his own players and not Dortmund's.

I suppose you can't blame Arsene for the things the media completely fabricate.
    Says the retard who creams himself everytime we are linked to any sort of half decent player

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Says the retard who creams himself everytime we are linked to any sort of half decent player
    I'm sorry, LA. I will endeavor to remain neutral & not get excited about Arsenal signing top players.

My comment stands that it would be quite a satisfying window, even with just the Alexis Vs Henrikh swap.

I'm sorry, LA. I will endeavor to remain neutral & not get excited about Arsenal signing top players.

My comment stands that it would be quite a satisfying window, even with just the Alexis Vs Henrikh swap.
    Best not to. Alexis swap and one other defender midfielder i'll be happy. And keeping Özil and Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Best not to. Alexis swap and one other defender midfielder i'll be happy. And keeping Özil and Jack
    If Jack is happy to accept a pay cut, that is.

Agree that it looks like that. Maybe Jonny Evans too which I think would represent good business - Alexis, Coq, Walcott out with Mikhtaryian and Evans in. A small net profit and rid of some deadwood.

On Auba Wenger said it's not close. BVB say no contact made by Arsenal and their manager has issued a statement telling Arsene that he should worry about his own players and not Dortmund's.

I suppose you can't blame Arsene for the things the media completely fabricate.
    Dick old boy, not wishing to pick an argument but can you clarify how at this point, January 18th, it now looks like MO will stay?

By all means think he will, have a gut feel he will, but I am unsure how it looks like he will stay when he has we believe refused all efforts to stay up to now. He is free as a bird in 13 days time, makes little sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Dick old boy, not wishing to pick an argument but can you clarify how at this point, January 18th, it now looks like MO will stay?

By all means think he will, have a gut feel he will, but I am unsure how it looks like he will stay when he has we believe refused all efforts to stay up to now. He is free as a bird in 13 days time, makes little sense really.
    I was agreeing with the fact that Henrikh will be our only signing. Which is great because it continues the tradition of transfer window profits for the club.

I was agreeing with the fact that Henrikh will be our only signing. Which is great because it continues the tradition of transfer window profits for the club.
    My apologies, though I reserve the right to insult you as I wish.

Personally I find the whole thing incredibly and increasingly tedious though will agree that HM coming into the club is at least something good coming from a very sorry mess.

I look forward to booing Sanchez in the future.

Why is it great that we make a profit in the transfer window while the team/squad gets weaker?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Why is it great that we make a profit in the transfer window while the team/squad gets weaker?
    Hush baldy, I think he is in character.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well the befefits are four-fold, really.

1. We had created a squad with a CL wage structure. Now that we look highly likely to be without CL football for several years, cuts need to be made to keep the club's financial health sound.

2. We get rid of players that have no interest in being at the club.

3. We've got rid of deadwood in Coqulein and Walcott, got rid of players with appauling attitudes (Alexis) and replaced with Mikitahyrian who is quality.

4. It frees up wage budget to get Ozil to stay because we were likely unable to meet his wage demands prior to that.