Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Monty's mum when she found out her grandson would be going to a CofE school

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, yes, but what about the controlling international finance and media bit? Tell us how that works.
    They'll never let us in on that stuff, a.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You might as well send 'em to a Madrassa, on the indoctrination front.
    I think you are possibly over thinking what goes on in a catholic school.

My two go and I am unaware of anything specific they are taught on this area. Of course there is Holy Jesus and shíte like that but they are informed at home that this is utter nonsense and all made up, while also being told to not repeat these views to their teacher.

Look at me, 14 years of Catholic education and more rounded than a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think you are possibly over thinking what goes on in a catholic school.

My two go and I am unaware of anything specific they are taught on this area. Of course there is Holy Jesus and shíte like that but they are informed at home that this is utter nonsense and all made up, while also being told to not repeat these views to their teacher.

Look at me, 14 years of Catholic education and more rounded than a ball.
    My father was educated by Christian Brothers - an experience that convinced him that no child of his was ever being allowed anywhere near a Catholic education.
    I remember on one occasion he even went so far as to pull me out of some mission to help the poor or some such shďte the local priest was organising at my school - so he probably saved me from getting nonced off there, I reckon. Cheers dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I went to a public school founded by a post-reformation Archbishop of Canterbury whose religious observances - such as they were - were high-church Anglican, but it wasn't a C of E school as such.

And I loved assemblies. All the masters in gowns and, lots of hymn singing and the music master thumping away sweatily at his mighty organ - marvellous!

I still find myself singing C of E hymns. So much better than all those dreary Catholic ones.

We had those assemblies in my first year at school but then they banned hymns. We sang the school song twice a year but otherwise, nothing!

Most people seemed to be in agreement that hymns had been banned 'cos of the jews'......

Shame. We had a wonderful organ.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We had those assemblies in my first year at school but then they banned hymns. We sang the school song twice a year but otherwise, nothing!

Most people seemed to be in agreement that hymns had been banned 'cos of the jews'......

Shame. We had a wonderful organ.....
    The school song?

Go on, humour me.

The school song?

Go on, humour me.
    I dont remember it, other than it was pretty ****.

The school song?

Go on, humour me.
    I’ll give you mine, sw.

‘Adeste laetis animis
    Adeste seniores
    Nunc est laudatus dominus
    Laudate seniores’

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Attachment 840

This is when I mourn the loss of Jorge to the Corbyn cult. He'd appreciate this gag more than anyone

I'm amazed your other half's family have not realised that you are an Iranian looking Jew
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman