Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, schools are closed today because "it's a little bit windy out."

So, schools are closed today because "it's a little bit windy out."

They're just bantering me off surely? #Eurotrash
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They're just bantering me off surely? #Eurotrash
    It's ever since they started calling a bit of wind 'Hurricane This' or 'Storm That'. My wife is constantly telling me 'Ooh, Storm Ffion is on its way' as if I'm supposed to give a shït.

For some people, giving wind a name seems to make it more scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's ever since they started calling a bit of wind 'Hurricane This' or 'Storm That'. My wife is constantly telling me 'Ooh, Storm Ffion is on its way' as if I'm supposed to give a shït.

Only a boys name b... if it has a girls name more people get injured as they assume it isn't as bad
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Only a boys name b... if it has a girls name more people get injured as they assume it isn't as bad
    There's a metaphor in there somewhere.

It's insurance liabilities gone mad, I tell you!

Still, I shall spend a refreshing afternoon with my sons enjoying popcorn, hot-dogs, bread & butter pudding and FIFA on my new television, just to show the powers-that-be we will not allow their workshy, craven fecklessness to harass us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I watched the whole Cathy Newman interview. It was a lot more fun

than the edited version, which formed the basis of my original comments.

There's a metaphor in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    than the edited version, which formed the basis of my original comments.
    Oh, I assumed you'd seen the whole thing. To be fair to them, I'd applaud them for releasing it at all given that it made their presenter look enormously silly. Do you see what I mean about her just appearing to be horribly under-prepared?

Oh, I assumed you'd seen the whole thing. To be fair to them, I'd applaud them for releasing it at all given that it made their presenter look enormously silly. Do you see what I mean about her just appearing to be horribly under-prepared?
    Yes, but while I found it funny, I still don't quite see it as you do, as evidence of a wider push-back. On the contrary, every day we see evidence of this shít becoming ever more entrenched in culture, in public policy and in law.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, but while I found it funny, I still don't quite see it as you do, as evidence of a wider push-back. On the contrary, every day we see evidence of this shít becoming ever more entrenched in culture, in public policy and in law.
    Oh, I don't think it's evidence of wider push-back, it's simply evidence of what happens when ideas based on liberal dogma are publicly confronted by calm, empirical analysis. The results aren't pretty and this is why I think there are always going to be limits as to just how far some of this nonsense can go.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's insurance liabilities gone mad, I tell you!

Still, I shall spend a refreshing afternoon with my sons enjoying popcorn, hot-dogs, bread & butter pudding and FIFA on my new television, just to show the powers-that-be we will not allow their workshy, craven fecklessness to harass us.
    do you smash your kids up on fifa out of interest?