Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Theon ****ed Off Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I can't be the only one who thinks we should have sacked off Welbeck before Theo?
    There is at least the possibility that Welbeck might improve.

I can't be the only one who thinks we should have sacked off Welbeck before Theo?
    Yeah, but you need a goalscorer

I suppose Welbeck, such as he is, is of more use to us than a non-playing Theo is.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There is at least the possibility that Welbeck might improve.
    loooooooool.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I'm amazed we got a fee for him given he was due a testimonial (they are rare these days, because few players stay at a club long enough to 'earn' one).

He/his advisers could have just said he would sit on the rest of his fat contract unless we waived a transfer fee which would have allowed him to pocket a massive signing-on fee in lieu. Just for once, we haven't been mugged off.

I think we move Walcott on before Welbeck. Not by much though.

I do seem to recall Wenger being at the vatican when Welbeck signed and said that he would not have signed Welbeck were he about, or words to that effect?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman