Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A 'Conservative' British PM has appointed a Minister for Loneliness?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Within a few points of the Spurs, Liverpool, etc. No reason why we should be doing any better.
    Lol, ****ing LOL! No reason why we should be doing better! Do **** off with this tripe
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I see what you mean, but are the people who need to hear it actually listening?
    Probably not. In fact it probably means that as we speak, the producer of Newsnight is busily crossing Jordan Peterson off their list of prospective guests because they know he'll make them look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be honest, I found it refreshing to hear ideas properly explored at all in that context. I do wonder, however, if Newman had actually researched Peterson at all. She seemed to go into it thinking he was just some alt-right knucklehead she could sneer at and make look bad. Her desperate floundering, recourse to repetition of platitudes and misattributing quotes to him suggested she had no idea what she was dealing with before she started.

Jon Snow being a cünt is hardly news. He's a hard-left relic who is well overdue for retirement.
    But Newman is the type that DOES believe that anyone who questions leftist wisdom is alt-right. So, I can quite imagine that she did research him and came to that very conclusion.

This of course is also hugely depressing.

Probably not. In fact it probably means that as we speak, the producer of Newsnight is busily crossing Jordan Peterson off their list of prospective guests because they know he'll make them look bad.
    Yes. Still, that's what social media was invented for, I guess.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Lol, ****ing LOL! No reason why we should be doing better! Do **** off with this tripe
    I won't talk to you if you swear at me.

A new rule.

I won't talk to you if you swear at me.

A new rule.
    Good, **** off
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Within a few points of the Spurs, Liverpool, etc. No reason why we should be doing any better.
    You see parity or otherwise with Spurs as being definitive in terms of gauging success or otherwise?

I do agree to a point with your second sentence, based on a very successful period from 98-2004 I do sometimes think there is a massive sense of over expectancy however that aside would you not be concerned about a continued paucity of performance, a seeming inability of the manager to prepare his teams and/or at times to get a decent performance from them.

That is not a comment based on knee jerk reaction to Forest and Bournemouth but a seeming decline for years now where we see the same thing again and again. The fact that we will probably come 6th this season does not disguise any of this, it is more in fact a reflection on how poor the Premier League actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Good, **** off
    It appears my new rule has hit a snag

But Newman is the type that DOES believe that anyone who questions leftist wisdom is alt-right. So, I can quite imagine that she did research him and came to that very conclusion.

This of course is also hugely depressing.
    Yes, but she got torn a new think-hole. One would like to think that might make her question a few things.

I think that my favourite bit was when she said to him 'What gives you the right to make these generalisations?' and he said 'I'm a clinical psychologist.'

I very nearly spat my unsweetened black coffee over screen at that point.

Yes, but she got torn a new think-hole. One would like to think that might make her question a few things.

I think that my favourite bit was when she said to him 'What gives you the right to make these generalisations?' and he said 'I'm a clinical psychologist.'

I very nearly spat my unsweetened black coffee over screen at that point.
    Very good. But surely the point here is that there isn't actually that much thinking going on, because if there was, we wouldn't be where we are. And, whatsmore, there never will be any thinking done either.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."