Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So the French are letting us have the Bayeux Tapestry for a bit.

So the French are letting us have the Bayeux Tapestry for a bit.

Fair enough, really, given that it was made here. But you don't see us kicking up a fuss like those Greeks with their silly marbles, do you?

Where is it going to be displayed? Presumably we won't give it back.

The North Bank, I suppose.

The real, original Bayeux Needlework Project is always on show in Reading anyway, everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I would assume we'd display it in the nation's capital - probably at the British Museum.

And of course we'll give it back. Otherwise it would set an unfortunate precedent vis-a-vis the rest of the contents of the British Museum,

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I would assume we'd display it in the nation's capital - probably at the British Museum.

And of course we'll give it back. Otherwise it would set an unfortunate precedent vis-a-vis the rest of the contents of the British Museum,
    Did you see that programme recently about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon? A carving in the British Museum supports the theory that it was in Nineveh (now Mosul).

Did you see that programme recently about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon? A carving in the British Museum supports the theory that it was in Nineveh (now Mosul).
    I think the Babylonian and Assyrian sections of the BM are my favourite. There's some eye-poppingly good stuff in there. The Assyrian friezes in particular are astonishing.

I think the Babylonian and Assyrian sections of the BM are my favourite. There's some eye-poppingly good stuff in there. The Assyrian friezes in particular are astonishing.
    And there's something wondrous about Cuneiform script too imo.

Yup. Those lion hunt bas-relief friezes are stunning. The Benin Bronzes are ace, too.