Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I believe we are offering Wilshere a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    scores a goal every 7 PL games, gets a goal or assist on average every 3 and a bit games... seems that those are not bad stats for a midfield player
    Not too bad at all. Its the ****ing great big hole in midfield behind him that is the problem.

His ideal position is at the front of a midfield three. Unfortunately, we dont play like that and when we have done, Ozil plays there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not too bad at all. Its the ****ing great big hole in midfield behind him that is the problem.

His ideal position is at the front of a midfield three. Unfortunately, we dont play like that and when we have done, Ozil plays there.
    Which proves he can play in midfield (my original point), but isn't suited to the midfield that AW plays
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Definitely.

Much easier than working hard at things you are supposed to be doing.
    That is assuming he knows what he is supposed to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Definitely.

Much easier than working hard at things you are supposed to be doing.
    This is not meant to be true of paid professionals though, otherwise what are they being paid for, what are they actually professional at? #WengerOut
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Which proves he can play in midfield (my original point), but isn't suited to the midfield that AW plays
    I clarified my stance on this above.

He isnt suited to anything that involves dropping deeper in possession, staying in position, protecting the shape of the midfield and back three/four, tackling.........

As I have said many times, I am not convinced he ever totally got over the injury, psychologically. Notice how JAck is the only midfielder who still keeps the ball long enough to draw in the opponent and ride the tackle....

That is assuming he knows what he is supposed to be doing.
    As I say, if he doesn't, what are we paying him for then.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I clarified my stance on this above.

He isnt suited to anything that involves dropping deeper in possession, staying in position, protecting the shape of the midfield and back three/four, tackling.........

As I have said many times, I am not convinced he ever totally got over the injury, psychologically. Notice how JAck is the only midfielder who still keeps the ball long enough to draw in the opponent and ride the tackle....
    It's complicated, isn't it. Jack is criticised for dwelling on the ball too long

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's complicated, isn't it. Jack is criticised for dwelling on the ball too long
    His style does tend to mean his ankles get kicked to ****. I'd criticise him for that too. :glassankledchav:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Under Eddie Howe Jack learned to moderate when to commit fully to the tackle and when not to
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Its how you create space in midfield- and get your ankles/leg broken by clumsy ****s looking to 'get a foot in'

To be fair, you can see why Ramsey doesn't fancy it....