Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I believe we are offering Wilshere a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Given nature of his injuries I don't think it is unreasonable to think they might be behind him.

And maybe it's me, but I thought he has looked heads and shoulders above the rest of the team recently and - more importantly - the sort of midfielder we need i.e. he actually plays in midfield.

And no, he shouldn't ever play next to that useless Welsh tw@t.
    Agreed. Given how hopelessly **** the rest of our midfield are we need to keep JAck- even if he only plays ten games a season.

It is not as if we are going to be terribly attractive to a host of top players. There are five better options just in england.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but this is a rot we need to stop. Wilshere is injury prone and I can think of very few injury prone players who stop being injury prone and go on to have uninterrupted careers. I'm happy to see us being a bit more ruthless.
    That ruthlessness needs to start by getting rid of a dreadful manager, not getting rid of our best midfielder.

Let someone competent start making the ruthless decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That ruthlessness needs to start by getting rid of a dreadful manager, not getting rid of our best midfielder.

Let someone competent start making the ruthless decisions.
    He isn't our best midfielder. That's just sentimental böllocks. Get rid and start again.

He isn't our best midfielder.
    Correct.

Quite clearly that honour is bestowed upon Iwobi. Jeezus H ****ing Christ.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He isn't our best midfielder. That's just sentimental böllocks. Get rid and start again.
    Aside from Cazorla, who is dead, he is- by a mile actually, although only because the others are stunningly mediocre or, in the case of Ramsey, incapable of actually playing in midfield.

Aside from Cazorla, who is dead, he is- by a mile actually, although only because the others are stunningly mediocre or, in the case of Ramsey, incapable of actually playing in midfield.
    His record for us says otherwise.

Ramsey is better in a three-man midfield, I reckon. At the moment Jack is looking like we need to get him signed up again, at least to avoid having to bring in about twelve new players in the next couple of years.

[QUOTE=Ash;4195474]twelve new players ../QUOTE]

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Come now Pedro, a modicum of restraint here please coupled with some sort of knowledge of the game and/or position.

Ramsey is either playing with a) no tactical restriction or instruction or b) playing with no tactical restriction or instruction within a midfield combination which is devoid of order or balance.

To say he simply cannot play is a nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Come now Pedro, a modicum of restraint here please coupled with some sort of knowledge of the game and/or position.

Ramsey is either playing with a) no tactical restriction or instruction or b) playing with no tactical restriction or instruction within a midfield combination which is devoid of order or balance.

To say he simply cannot play is a nonsense.
    He didn't say he couldn't play - he said he couldn't play in midfield. And given that he is 27 years old and we have yet to see him ever prove that he could play there, it seems a fair view imo.