Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I believe we are offering Wilshere a pay cut.

I believe we are offering Wilshere a pay cut.

You have to hand it to us, we operate in a rather unique world of utter mental-ness and complete disdain for how football works.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You have to hand it to us, we operate in a rather unique world of utter mental-ness and complete disdain for how football works.

Oh, well done us! Hopefully, he understands that this is an invitation to fück off elsewhere.

He's injured for about three years out of four. Who will give him a payrise, a first team place, and a guarantee of winning the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, well done us! Hopefully, he understands that this is an invitation to fück off elsewhere.
    It is alleged of course.

Not that his agent or team need to leak such stories as if they are unhappy with the offer they simply court new employers, which quite frankly I would if I were them.

you've got to admire The Arsenal's balls on this one.
    Could only be bettered by a 'pay as you play' contract.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He's injured for about three years out of four. Who will give him a payrise, a first team place, and a guarantee of winning the league?
    But he is 100% fit now and ready to play in our first team, very difficult to penalise him for something which may or may not occur in the future and may or may not be of his making.

If there is a serious underlying medical issue different, though based on his first team presence I assume there is not.

As for a pay rise I don’t know what he earns but I expect some or many would be willing to offer this on a free transfer.

As for first team place I don’t think that is guaranteed with us, it certainly should not be, but it could well be elsewhere.

As for winning the league we both know there is no club in England who can offer a better route to this success than us.

But he is 100% fit now and ready to play in our first team, very difficult to penalise him for something which may or may not occur in the future and may or may not be of his making.

If there is a serious underlying medical issue different, though based on his first team presence I assume there is not.
    This is the thinking that has led us to be paying him millions for doing fück all for years, sw.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is the thinking that has led us to be paying him millions for doing fück all for years, sw.
    We have paid millions to loads of players for doing fúck all for years, reserve players, non first 11 players. It's football I'm afraid.

He has now regained fitness, proven his fitness, however you want to term it.

This is not like a Diaby where the lad was fúcked and was never un-fúcked. He is fit and as before unless there is a serious underlying medical condition then he is arguably no more likely to incur another long-term injury as any other player.

I just can’t see how we can choose to play him as we are, and then sit down with him and say we think you’re too high risk. If he is high risk fair enough, fúck him out the window.

We have paid millions to loads of players for doing fúck all for years, reserve players, non first 11 players. It's football I'm afraid.

This is not like a Diaby where the lad was fúcked and was never un-fúcked. He is fit and as before unless there is a serious underlying medical condition then he is arguably no more likely to incur another long-term injury as any other player.

I just can’t see how we can choose to play him as we are, and then sit down with him and say we think you’re too high risk. If he is high risk fair enough, fúck him out the window.
    Given nature of his injuries I don't think it is unreasonable to think they might be behind him.

And maybe it's me, but I thought he has looked heads and shoulders above the rest of the team recently and - more importantly - the sort of midfielder we need i.e. he actually plays in midfield.

And no, he shouldn't ever play next to that useless Welsh tw@t.

Yes, but this is a rot we need to stop. Wilshere is injury prone and I can think of very few injury prone players who stop being injury prone and go on to have uninterrupted careers. I'm happy to see us being a bit more ruthless.