Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: We used to cream our pants when Freddie and Bobby P scored 15 a season from out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Let me guess: the Arsenal-supporting ones did? The others not so much?
    I still often hear him referred to in very unpleasant ways - "cheating French ****" as such.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Jesus christ chaps, it is over a decade ago.

Let it go. No good will come of this.
    let it go?

I still can't forgive Tomas for this stinking pile of horse****e!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I never said it was accidental, I said I don't think that they expected Riley to cheat, I think they discovered that he was cheating once the game started and acted accordingly.

They clearly targeted Reyes as a group and I would be surprised if there wasn't some direction from the manager there. Nice comparison to the FA Cup game there where they did the same thing, came out kicking us all over the pitch. Jeff Winter immediately pulled out the cards, the game settled down and we played football and won 2-0.

Still think we should move on, mind.
    Accidental, or opportunist. You seem to be saying it was unplanned and they spotted Riley was cheating and seized on it. I dont agree with that at all. Given his history at Old Trafford they would be remarkably stupid if they didnt already know how he would react.

It is funny, you will find plenty of journalists and articles rubbishing the notion that the nevilles targeted Reyes. This despite Phil Neville himself saying that he and his brother did target Reyes, that it was all part of the plan, and that they knew it would ruffle Arsenal.

I will move on when we get justice.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I still often hear him referred to in very unpleasant ways - "cheating French ****" as such.

To be fair, at least two of those epithets are demonstrably true (and I wouldn't rule out the third).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That's the spirit, p.

Riley being pushed off a very tall building will just about sate me.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    let it go?

I still can't forgive Tomas for this stinking pile of horse****e!
    Watching the video of the game the year before is great fun. Three of them give Van Nistelrooy a 'nudge'...

Happier times

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Accidental, or opportunist. You seem to be saying it was unplanned and they spotted Riley was cheating and seized on it. I dont agree with that at all. Given his history at Old Trafford they would be remarkably stupid if they didnt already know how he would react.

It is funny, you will find plenty of journalists and articles rubbishing the notion that the nevilles targeted Reyes. This despite Phil Neville himself saying that he and his brother did target Reyes, that it was all part of the plan, and that they knew it would ruffle Arsenal.

My guess is they knew that any ref would probably let them get away with more at home - such was the sway United (more specifically Ferguson) held over the game back then. The fact that it was Riley probably barely registered.

That's the spirit, p.

And someone giving Van Nistelrooy a ****ing good kicking......

That's the spirit, p.

Too easy. I'd insist on him being made to confess his crimes in front of a public show trial before being executed by Arsenal players past and present putting 'competitive' challenges into him until he dies. It should only take a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My guess is they knew that any ref would probably let them get away with more at home - such was the sway United (more specifically Ferguson) held over the game back then. The fact that it was Riley probably barely registered.
    Well, yes. They did it every year at Old TRafford and more often than not it worked. THey did it even more on this occasion which is why Riley had to up his game a bit to keep up.