Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We used to cream our pants when Freddie and Bobby P scored 15 a season from out wide.

We used to cream our pants when Freddie and Bobby P scored 15 a season from out wide.

Or when Limpar or Overmars scored something like 17 in their first seasons.

But Feo's a donkey for scoring 19 last season when he didn't even play for the last 3 months.

I know I don't understand football, and I'm sure someone will point out that a front 3 is different to 4-4-2 (even though all those above-mentioned Arsenal teams played with a left winger and a right sided MF who tucked in.)

It's all cos he's quick, coffee colured and wears 14 isn't it? We wanted him to be Titi and never forgave him for not being.

Do we still have to play Everton this season? When is it? I'll put money on a Feo brace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

But Feo's a donkey for scoring 19 last season when he didn't even play for the last 3 months.

I know I don't understand football, and I'm sure someone will point out that a front 3 is different to 4-4-2 (even though all those above-mentioned Arsenal teams played with a left winger and a right sided MF who tucked in.)

It's all cos he's quick, coffee colured and wears 14 isn't it? We wanted him to be Titi and never forgave him for not being.

Do we still have to play Everton this season? When is it? I'll put money on a Feo brace.
    Are you actually suggesting that Arsenal use formations when they play matches?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Jesus Christ GG, are you actually drawing a favourable comparison between TJ and Pires?

Ftr I never creamed anything about Freddie, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Quite right, Freddie scored double digit league goals twice. 2001/2002 and 2004/2005

Robert, on the other hand achieved this three times. And a season with 9.

Still, Freddie was a fine player. And subject to one of Riley's most ridicules piece of refereeing ever.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Quite right, Freddie scored double digit league goals twice. 2001/2002 and 2004/2005

Robert, on the other hand achieved this three times. And a season with 9.

Still, Freddie was a fine player. And subject to one of Riley's most ridicules piece of refereeing ever.
    Ferdinand?

Ferdinand?
    exactly...

Jesus Christ GG, are you actually drawing a favourable comparison between TJ and Pires?

Oh, I did. 2002 run in. Against WHU. 1st half, Cashley cleared off the line in front of us in the North Bank. (The ball was clearly over.)

Then with about ten mins left, Freddie scored in front of us from a Dennis pass.

And his goal vs Juve after Dennis slowed down time with is right boot.

And he had red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    exactly...
    To be fair, its up against some pretty stiff competition in that one game alone.

I still cant quite believe he gave that penalty...not just because it was a very, very obvious dive but also because even if there had been contact there is no way on earth he could have seen it as it was on the blind side of him. His linesman would have had a perfect view of it and said nothing- then again, this is the same linesman that was two yards away from Van Nistlerooy stamping his studs down Cole's shin and remarkably managed to completely miss that even though it was inches from where he was looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    To be fair, its up against some pretty stiff competition in that one game alone.

I still cant quite believe he gave that penalty...not just because it was a very, very obvious dive but also because even if there had been contact there is no way on earth he could have seen it as it was on the blind side of him. His linesman would have had a perfect view of it and said nothing- then again, this is the same linesman that was two yards away from Van Nistlerooy stamping his studs down Cole's shin and remarkably managed to completely miss that even though it was inches from where he was looking.
    The Ljungberg and Cole incidents were the clearest of the reddest, red cards. Both not even resulting in a booking, of course. Ridicules. Riley? ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

different linesman imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar