Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talking of mentals, a chap I used to work with got in touch the other day wanting to

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not that are in any way unsympathetic, of course
    There are limits to just how sympathetic one can be, I'm afraid. You achieve adulthood the day you stop blaming your parents for your life imo. I've no time for middle-aged crybabies still whining about how it's all mummy and daddy's fault.

Burney...be careful.

I read this as - he wants to bum you.

I think Berni would be far more comfortable with that than having to listen

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Burney...be careful.

I read this as - he wants to bum you.
    to him revisit his childhood emotional traumas. Get the bumming over and done with quickly, clean up the mess and have a few beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There are limits to just how sympathetic one can be, I'm afraid. You achieve adulthood the day you stop blaming your parents for your life imo. I've no time for middle-aged crybabies still whining about how it's all mummy and daddy's fault.
    I almost wish I was going to be there for this drink. It sounds like it might be quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I almost wish I was going to be there for this drink. It sounds like it might be quite funny.
    Oh, I'm going to take the pïss. Be in no doubt on that score. I simply don't have it in me to listen to that sort of thing without taking the pïss.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Right. Only natural though, if you didn't have the notion of responsibility to, and for, others built in as a cornerstone of your own existence.

The child is the father to the man, as the chap said.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."