Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's in the know, then? Where is the stroppy Chilean going to end up?

So who's in the know, then? Where is the stroppy Chilean going to end up?

I reckon the Arsenal answer is underrated.

Not permanently, you understand, just until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

I know Theo to Everton is more or less a done deal

He can’t stay now, the actions of last Sunday alone mean he is effectively “gone”.

If for example he turns down United now then we know he is a City player, so how can we select him from Feb-May. No different to last week as there would be a question mark over his commitment.

We will also know his decision to not move will have adversely affected the club’s ability or willingness to replace him with Aubameyang or whatever name you want to pick from those listed. Not that he can be blamed if we decide to be tight wads but we know this is what will happen.

Personally, though I accept my opinion is meaningless and irrelevant but just for shít and giggles etc., I would be taking their money + Mkhytarian and then spending further on messers Aubameyang and the lad Malcom. Selling Theo would help balance this expenditure while also opening room within the group.

Of course the above fails to address in any way other deficiencies which are perceived to exist but that’s for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He can’t stay now, the actions of last Sunday alone mean he is effectively “gone”.

If for example he turns down United now then we know he is a City player, so how can we select him from Feb-May. No different to last week as there would be a question mark over his commitment.

We will also know his decision to not move will have adversely affected the club’s ability or willingness to replace him with Aubameyang or whatever name you want to pick from those listed. Not that he can be blamed if we decide to be tight wads but we know this is what will happen.

Personally, though I accept my opinion is meaningless and irrelevant but just for shít and giggles etc., I would be taking their money + Mkhytarian and then spending further on messers Aubameyang and the lad Malcom. Selling Theo would help balance this expenditure while also opening room within the group.

Of course the above fails to address in any way other deficiencies which are perceived to exist but that’s for another day.
    But the decision to stay is entirely up to him, we can't force him to leave.

If he really wants to go to City and City will pay him what he wants in the summer he can simply sit on his arse with us for the next 4 months and there is nothing we can do about it.

If he really wants to go to City and City will pay him what he wants in the summer he can simply sit on his arse with us for the next 4 months and there is nothing we can do about it.

Not the end of the world. That is pretty much what the rest of the players will be doing.

For the record, al those who complained every time we sold a player with one year left on his deal, this is why you do it- because keeping them for the last season creates this kind of fuss and costs you a fortune. It was a desperate and idiotic idea that shows just how poor the decision making is in the club. As much as I blame Wenger, it isnt solely down to him.

Indeed. An utter shambles in fact.

He should really have played it cool like Mesut who will be equally as guilt of shafting us (as some will see it) but who is attracting little or no scorn from the Arsenal family.

I expect we will hear soon that there is a glint of light in the Mesut talks, blimey, after 1-2 years a glint of light in the home straight.

Very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I know Theo to Everton is more or less a done deal
    Fingers crossed. How do Evertonians feel about being lumbered with Theon?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not the end of the world. That is pretty much what the rest of the players will be doing.

For the record, al those who complained every time we sold a player with one year left on his deal, this is why you do it- because keeping them for the last season creates this kind of fuss and costs you a fortune. It was a desperate and idiotic idea that shows just how poor the decision making is in the club. As much as I blame Wenger, it isnt solely down to him.
    Interesting comments from some of the journos on that Sunday morning show. Effectively that Guardiola never really played Sanchez that much and didn't rate him at Barca. Given how much Pep values possession this doesn't surprise me.

What surprised me is that Pep wants him at all. But assuming he does and Sanchez wants to go there, it will happen. If he goes elsewhere it's only because they offer him a bundle more than City will.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Not wishing to pick a fight nor to single out individuals (I couldn’t anyway) but LOADS of people were arguing fully for him to not be sold last summer.

Very naïve really.

Interesting comments from some of the journos on that Sunday morning show. Effectively that Guardiola never really played Sanchez that much and didn't rate him at Barca. Given how much Pep values possession this doesn't surprise me.

What surprised me is that Pep wants him at all. But assuming he does and Sanchez wants to go there, it will happen. If he goes elsewhere it's only because they offer him a bundle more than City will.
    I had originally thought that City didnt need him but I suppose when you are ****ing loaded and looking to win every trophy you dont limit yourself to what you actually need.

I have a feeling he is one of those players who looks worse in a better side. I never saw him at Barcelona but I would imagine he still gave the ball away a lot.