Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's in the know, then? Where is the stroppy Chilean going to end up?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fingers crossed. How do Evertonians feel about being lumbered with Theon?
    BiL is pretty positive, knows they need pace and someone, no matter how frustrating, that at least has a rough idea where the goal is!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I had originally thought that City didnt need him but I suppose when you are ****ing loaded and looking to win every trophy you dont limit yourself to what you actually need.

I have a feeling he is one of those players who looks worse in a better side. I never saw him at Barcelona but I would imagine he still gave the ball away a lot.
    He did, at Barca I saw him any times and he looked a very talented player playing in a team whose style did not suit him.

Hence my surprise at the interest from both parties

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Interesting comments from some of the journos on that Sunday morning show. Effectively that Guardiola never really played Sanchez that much and didn't rate him at Barca. Given how much Pep values possession this doesn't surprise me.

What surprised me is that Pep wants him at all. But assuming he does and Sanchez wants to go there, it will happen. If he goes elsewhere it's only because they offer him a bundle more than City will.
    Thing is, that's actually *******s. I thought that but then looked at the stats and he played nearly all the time under Pep

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not wishing to pick a fight nor to single out individuals (I couldn’t anyway) but LOADS of people were arguing fully for him to not be sold last summer.

Very naïve really.
    Yes, I know. I believe I may have even heard a reference to letting him 'rot in the reserves'......

I can only assume that Wenger clung on to some daft hope that a good start to the season might change his mind, or at least set us up to get back into the top four. Now even he has probably realised that neither of those things are going to happen.

If we sell him now the decision will only have cost us 30 million quid. It has ruined a season that would probably have been just as bad as anyway so that is not a disaster. The real disaster wasnt keeping Sanchez- it was keeping Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    BiL is pretty positive, knows they need pace and someone, no matter how frustrating, that at least has a rough idea where the goal is!
    I would love to see THeo happy and playing well somewhere else. Failing that, I would love to see him somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Thing is, that's actually *******s. I thought that but then looked at the stats and he played nearly all the time under Pep
    Started or played? Would be surprising if these journos were that wrong, the stats were pretty damning.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed. An utter shambles in fact.

He should really have played it cool like Mesut who will be equally as guilt of shafting us (as some will see it) but who is attracting little or no scorn from the Arsenal family.

I expect we will hear soon that there is a glint of light in the Mesut talks, blimey, after 1-2 years a glint of light in the home straight.

Very clever.
    The glint of light (Ozil) story was put out last week. Nobody bought it....

Started or played? Would be surprising if these journos were that wrong, the stats were pretty damning.
    Journalists? Wrong?

Never

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Journalists? Wrong?

Never
    Well, they should be able to get simple stats correct.

Mostly because they have other people get them for them, I think.

Started, one season he didn't and that's because he was injured on and off all season. Might have taken their stats from that season which is a little bit unfair