Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So who's in the know, then? Where is the stroppy Chilean going to end up?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not the end of the world. That is pretty much what the rest of the players will be doing.

For the record, al those who complained every time we sold a player with one year left on his deal, this is why you do it- because keeping them for the last season creates this kind of fuss and costs you a fortune. It was a desperate and idiotic idea that shows just how poor the decision making is in the club. As much as I blame Wenger, it isnt solely down to him.
    Not wishing to pick a fight nor to single out individuals (I couldn’t anyway) but LOADS of people were arguing fully for him to not be sold last summer.

Very naïve really.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not wishing to pick a fight nor to single out individuals (I couldn’t anyway) but LOADS of people were arguing fully for him to not be sold last summer.

Very naïve really.
    Yes, I know. I believe I may have even heard a reference to letting him 'rot in the reserves'......

I can only assume that Wenger clung on to some daft hope that a good start to the season might change his mind, or at least set us up to get back into the top four. Now even he has probably realised that neither of those things are going to happen.

If we sell him now the decision will only have cost us 30 million quid. It has ruined a season that would probably have been just as bad as anyway so that is not a disaster. The real disaster wasnt keeping Sanchez- it was keeping Wenger

But ,hang on. If we get the albainian chap thrown in

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, I know. I believe I may have even heard a reference to letting him 'rot in the reserves'......

I can only assume that Wenger clung on to some daft hope that a good start to the season might change his mind, or at least set us up to get back into the top four. Now even he has probably realised that neither of those things are going to happen.

If we sell him now the decision will only have cost us 30 million quid. It has ruined a season that would probably have been just as bad as anyway so that is not a disaster. The real disaster wasnt keeping Sanchez- it was keeping Wenger
    would that not count as a fair bit more. He must be worth at least 20 -25 ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    would that not count as a fair bit more. He must be worth at least 20 -25 ?
    Oh I have no idea what the deal might look like. I am just basing it on reported fees of around 30 odd million.