Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So who's in the know, then? Where is the stroppy Chilean going to end up?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I would love to see THeo happy and playing well somewhere else. Failing that, I would love to see him somewhere else.

I think that pretty much sums up how I feel
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You could come up with a list of players who have suffered under Wenger and would have probably done much better if they had left. I dont think THeo is one of them. I think he reached his peak with us and I dont think there was a great deal more to work with.
    I think Walcott has ability and had moments that only players with ability can produce. Unfortunately, he has had many more moments where he has struggled to do even the simple things, which were always going to hamper his development. Perhaps, someone will be able to drill some of that into him. Wenger doesn't appear to be that kind of coach. He wants players to work it out for themselves. some players can, some can't Theo, imo, falls well and truly into the latter.

Of course I will miss his cringe worthy post match interviews.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I reckon the Arsenal answer is underrated.

Not permanently, you understand, just until the end of the season.
    We won't be getting both Aubameyang and Malcom. Unless, that is, we are bringing in Henrikh to ship straight off to Dortmund as part of the Aubameyang deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We won't be getting both Aubameyang and Malcom. Unless, that is, we are bringing in Henrikh to ship straight off to Dortmund as part of the Aubameyang deal.
    While I tend to agree with you please show me your workings.

Malcom replaces Walcott, Aubameyang replaces Sanchez and Mkhytarian ultimately replaces Ozil(or simply supplements an attacking structure that needs supplementing).

I can see how it all makes sense, regardless of the fact it won’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I think Walcott has ability and had moments that only players with ability can produce. Unfortunately, he has had many more moments where he has struggled to do even the simple things
    see also Danny Welbeck.

With a bit more development, Danny may be able to get a ball under control with his first touch.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    see also Danny Welbeck.

With a bit more development, Danny may be able to get a ball under control with his first touch.
    There's another player that belongs at *an* Everton. Danny Welbeck.

See also Aaron Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    While I tend to agree with you please show me your workings.

Malcom replaces Walcott, Aubameyang replaces Sanchez and Mkhytarian ultimately replaces Ozil(or simply supplements an attacking structure that needs supplementing).

I can see how it all makes sense, regardless of the fact it won’t happen.
    Oh I completely agree with your workings (though I think Ozil will sign a new deal unless the wheels properly fall off our season).

I just think that it would be a financial commitment too far for the club who are likely to be in the UEFA Cup/not in Europe at all for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Oh I completely agree with your workings (though I think Ozil will sign a new deal unless the wheels properly fall off our season).

I just think that it would be a financial commitment too far for the club who are likely to be in the UEFA Cup/not in Europe at all for the forseeable future.
    You see the contradiction here?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He never had a peak, he just bobbled along on a wave of ridiculous expectation and hype created by his early inclusion in an England WC squad, part of which it has been suggested was hype inflated by Wenger.

Hat-trick v Croatia possibly, some decent goals for us playing in a very attacking role in a very attacking side. No great achievement that.

Decided he wanted to be a striker, I have kids who ask me this on a Saturday morning and I just tell them no. Wenger stroked his cóck on this one.

I heard Mark Lawrenson absolutely tear him a new arsehóle last week on the radio. Was never a top player, will never be a top player, over hyped from day one like so many other young players before and after him. He labelled the age old accusation at him that he simply does not really understand the game and does not have the raw desire or whatever to really grab it by the bollócks and thrive.

It started with him going to the World Cup in 2006.

Bob

I would take Sanchez over the rest of our snowflake generation. If they are upset because he waves his arms about does it ever occur to them that he has a point? Tony Adams would have done more than wave his arms in despair at the lack of effort, application and professional pride. He would have given them six lace holes up their jacksies. Sanchez leads by example on the field. He is not only our best player but for the whole of last season was our most committed. Clearly he has given up on them now, and I for one don't blame him. If Wenger had gone and we had got a decent manager in I believe he would have stayed, signed a new contract and given it his best shot.