Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So who's in the know, then? Where is the stroppy Chilean going to end up?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You could come up with a list of players who have suffered under Wenger and would have probably done much better if they had left. I dont think THeo is one of them. I think he reached his peak with us and I dont think there was a great deal more to work with.
    I think he was an example of Wenger's hubris. He believed his own hype that he could make silk purses out of sows' ears.

Sometimes, however, a sow's ear is just a sow's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I reckon the Arsenal answer is underrated.

Not permanently, you understand, just until the end of the season.
    He will be playing for Utd. We’re going to get Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang and try and create the Dortmund glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think he was an example of Wenger's hubris. He believed his own hype that he could make silk purses out of sows' ears.

Sometimes, however, a sow's ear is just a sow's ear.
    So, you're saying we made a pig's ear out of a sow's ear?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You could come up with a list of players who have suffered under Wenger and would have probably done much better if they had left. I dont think THeo is one of them. I think he reached his peak with us and I dont think there was a great deal more to work with.
    He hit his peak in 2008.

He was playing for England.

He is no loss to The Arsenal in 2018.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He will be playing for Utd. We’re going to get Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang and try and create the Dortmund glory days.
    Apparently / allegedly / totally made uply us getting Mkhitaryan is the major stumbling block here.

He thinks we are shít. Clearly the man has a television and Sky subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Apparently / allegedly / totally made uply us getting Mkhitaryan is the major stumbling block here.

I think the issue is he wants a pay off from Utd and they haven’t agreed to it yet. It makes sense as he will probably have to take a wage cut if he moves to us. People are quite disappointed with the idea of getting him but I think he could be great. It’s not the first player Mourinho made look ****.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

We're loaded though. That could be a factor.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    He hit his peak in 2008.

He was playing for England.

He is no loss to The Arsenal in 2018.
    He never had a peak, he just bobbled along on a wave of ridiculous expectation and hype created by his early inclusion in an England WC squad, part of which it has been suggested was hype inflated by Wenger.

Hat-trick v Croatia possibly, some decent goals for us playing in a very attacking role in a very attacking side. No great achievement that.

Decided he wanted to be a striker, I have kids who ask me this on a Saturday morning and I just tell them no. Wenger stroked his cóck on this one.

I heard Mark Lawrenson absolutely tear him a new arsehóle last week on the radio. Was never a top player, will never be a top player, over hyped from day one like so many other young players before and after him. He labelled the age old accusation at him that he simply does not really understand the game and does not have the raw desire or whatever to really grab it by the bollócks and thrive.

I think the issue is he wants a pay off from Utd and they haven’t agreed to it yet. It makes sense as he will probably have to take a wage cut if he moves to us. People are quite disappointed with the idea of getting him but I think he could be great. It’s not the first player Mourinho made look ****.
    Absolute cracking player.

indeed, De Bruyne.

The thought of Ozil going to work with that ****, Mourinho, again makes me feel sick.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”