Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So who's in the know, then? Where is the stroppy Chilean going to end up?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He can be great, he can be ****ing woeful. If you are mid table, that is more than good enough.
    I can see him scoring against us though. Acres of space to run into. Defenders standing still, or all chasing after the bloke who passed it to him and falling over each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    I would take Sanchez over the rest of our snowflake generation. If they are upset because he waves his arms about does it ever occur to them that he has a point? Tony Adams would have done more than wave his arms in despair at the lack of effort, application and professional pride. He would have given them six lace holes up their jacksies. Sanchez leads by example on the field. He is not only our best player but for the whole of last season was our most committed. Clearly he has given up on them now, and I for one don't blame him. If Wenger had gone and we had got a decent manager in I believe he would have stayed, signed a new contract and given it his best shot.
    How do you measure or gauge commitment then?

Do you get extra points for being finger pointy and gesticulaty like a Flamini for example, even if you are shíte.

Or would this stat from last season surprise you:

"Alexis Sanchez, who looks like a busy player and has been described as being like a Duracell bunny for his work rate, only registers an average of 8.52 kilometres per match this season – a full 1.45 kilometres less than Ozil, who travels an average of 9.97 kilometres each match."

Sanchez was in fact 8th in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    How do you measure or gauge commitment then?

Do you get extra points for being finger pointy and gesticulaty like a Flamini for example, even if you are shíte.

Or would this stat from last season surprise you:

"Alexis Sanchez, who looks like a busy player and has been described as being like a Duracell bunny for his work rate, only registers an average of 8.52 kilometres per match this season – a full 1.45 kilometres less than Ozil, who travels an average of 9.97 kilometres each match."

Sanchez was in fact 8th in the list.
    On that basis, Cech is a lazy ****.

On that basis, Cech is a lazy ****.
    And Wenger Himself is even worse.

You can prove anything with stats, even occasionally the truth.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Seemed to be all downhill for Theo after that injury in the NLD when he did the 2-0 to the Spurs fans.

Round about the same time Ramsey was in insane form.

Ox might be the smartest of the bunch...saw the others going stale and decides to make his move before it’s too late.

But ,hang on. If we get the albainian chap thrown in

Yes, I know. I believe I may have even heard a reference to letting him 'rot in the reserves'......

I can only assume that Wenger clung on to some daft hope that a good start to the season might change his mind, or at least set us up to get back into the top four. Now even he has probably realised that neither of those things are going to happen.

If we sell him now the decision will only have cost us 30 million quid. It has ruined a season that would probably have been just as bad as anyway so that is not a disaster. The real disaster wasnt keeping Sanchez- it was keeping Wenger
    would that not count as a fair bit more. He must be worth at least 20 -25 ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    would that not count as a fair bit more. He must be worth at least 20 -25 ?
    Oh I have no idea what the deal might look like. I am just basing it on reported fees of around 30 odd million.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I can see him scoring against us though. Acres of space to run into. Defenders standing still, or all chasing after the bloke who passed it to him and falling over each other.
    Well, quite. I think any of us would fancy scoring against Arsenal. Not that we would want to, obviously.....