Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Like I said the other day, we need change for change’s sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Wenger - six 'ish years ago b?

greg mitchell was first out of the traps a good 10 years ago in calling the inevitable decline based on "Wenger's refusal to strengthen". I thought he was wrong because I still believed Wenger was capable of finding gold in a silver mine.
    Yeah, old Greg did always seem to know his stuff, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He knows He wouldn't get long there unless He won the European Cup though. "Money" wouldn't be an excuse.

And anyway, He loves working at Arsenal.

Of course he like working here. He practically has a free reign. That's the problem.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Our mistake was thinking that, if he can turn lead into gold, how much better will he do when he gets gold to start with? Sadly, it doesn't work like that. Virtually every big money signing he's made tells me that he isn't great at handling big-money players who come to him as the finished article.

So now he is turning lead into purest green?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Of course he like working here. He practically has a free reign. That's the problem.
    Free reign to do what? He's a football manager

Everyone's different. Some people are like freelance workers on short-term contracts; they get bored being in the same place all the time. Others enjoy the security of long-term employment.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I wonder with the ox’s emergence at Liverpool as something resembling a decent player will make other younger players think twice about staying at arsenal. When was the last young player Wenger actually improved? Hector seems to be going backwards and maitland-miles is getting his confidence dented every week because he’s played out of position

Free reign to do what? He's a football manager
    Free reign to rule with no accountability.

Power corrupts, and absolute power ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Free reign to rule with no accountability.

Power corrupts, and absolute power ...
    He's not corrupt though, is He, and He's accountable to His bosses. He doesn't even have the absolute power to win the Kangaroo Cup

He's not corrupt though, is He, and He's accountable to His bosses. He doesn't even have the absolute power to win the Kangaroo Cup
    No, not that sort of corruption. But tainted, twisted, damaged. Broken. A of lack of honesty and humility. Where else would a manager at this level with three away wins in twelve declare that he would see out his contract, while the clown car explodes all around him?

We're still in the Buffalo Cup though.

Perhaps his (he has lost the 'right' to a capital H) bosses are accountable for doing sod all about his clearly exhausted management
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Well said Ash
    Comical wenger see no evil
    10 characters? Pile of cund.