Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Like I said the other day, we need change for change’s sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, not that sort of corruption. But tainted, twisted, damaged. Broken. A of lack of honesty and humility. Where else would a manager at this level with three away wins in twelve declare that he would see out his contract, while the clown car explodes all around him?

We're still in the Buffalo Cup though.
    He's from France, what do you expect. Just don't be surprised when He starts claiming the Bandicoot Cup is like a trophy.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Perhaps this needs to be qualified by asking why our sort of spending is our sort of spending.
    Yes, that is the salient point, I think. The question isn't whether someone else could do better with our level of spending, it's whether someone else could do better full stop, even if it involved spending more.

And then we get back to the whole why did we build the stadium etc etc

BTW I saw a surprising stat the other day. Chelsea have actually generated a profit in player sales/acquisitions over the past 4 or 5 years or something like that. Partly because of the Chinese, I think, but it surprised me nonetheless.

So you can add Chelsea to the list of teams doing better than us with similar spending patterns. Plus Liverpool as well possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Perhaps his (he has lost the 'right' to a capital H) bosses are accountable for doing sod all about his clearly exhausted management
    Quite, they did after all offer him his last two contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    He's from France, what do you expect. Just don't be surprised when He starts claiming the Bandicoot Cup is like a trophy.
    As if we could knock out Chelsea and Man City to win a domestic cup.

Oh.

Anyway, he's a Kraut really, no? Just because France occupy that corner of Germany. Though I expect you know more about that sort of thing than any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    As if we could knock out Chelsea and Man City to win a domestic cup.

Oh.

Anyway, he's a Kraut really, no? Just because France occupy that corner of Germany. Though I expect you know more about that sort of thing than any of us.

Rieslings are good with Chicken curry etc.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman