Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Like I said the other day, we need change for change’s sake.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I disagree, we don't need change just for the sake of it, we need change because the manager is no longer competent.

I'm also loving the idea that we should buy Malcolm only if we sell Sanchez. If we like Malcolm we should just f*cking buy him. Given that we made 20mil in the summer and just sold Coq for 12mil that would mean a net outlay over two windows of a massive 13mil or so.

Imagine that, one of the ten richest clubs spending 13mil over two windows. Obscene.
    My point is that even the argument that there isn't anyone better available right now no longer stands because - however it's happened - Wenger's continuation in post (N.B. not the man himself) is now toxic. Virtually anyone would be better as manager for the club at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My point is that even the argument that there isn't anyone better available right now no longer stands because - however it's happened - Wenger's continuation in post (N.B. not the man himself) is now toxic. Virtually anyone would be better as manager for the club at the moment.
    Ah I see, yes I quite agree. I'm struggling to see us finishing better than 6th as it stands, quite astonishing.

Someone from the press should ask him if there any threshold of performance and failure at which he would resign. Is there any threshold at which 'honouring' his contract is not in the best interests of the football club? Could another manager get more out of these players?

When I heard the rumour that Ancelotti was available at the end of the season I thought 'yes, please'. Right now I'd like him to start tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Someone from the press should ask him if there any threshold of performance and failure at which he would resign. Is there any threshold at which 'honouring' his contract is not in the best interests of the football club? Could another manager get more out of these players?

When I heard the rumour that Ancelotti was available at the end of the season I thought 'yes, please'. Right now I'd like him to start tomorrow.
    I'd still prefer a younger manager who we think might lead the club for the next 10+ years but as Burney points out, pretty much anyone would be an improvement at this point so if we don't have our eye on someone like Arteta (as an example) Carlo would do just fine for now.

I'm also assuming that this chap from Barca is effectively our director of football now and once SFC does the right thing and p1sses off, the new chap will start running the recruitment process. We badly need someone that can look objectively at the players we have and move out those not deemed good enough while scouring the world (as opposed to France) for the players we need.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    A truly sorry state of affairs.

The team manager going in front of cameras and being honest enough to say he has no idea what is going on meanwhile on the actual football side it appears he has no idea what is going on.

The clusterfúck of last summer with Sanchez, the basic scenario where two world class players are even allowed to be in this contract situation, gross mismanagement of the football club (not team, no idea who is ultimately responsible here).

Walcott running around on a sponsored offside. Christ if we can genuinely get £20m for him what is the delay, unless of course he is too settled in the easy life and won’t move in which case we’re fúcked.

Watching young players like Holding and other fundamentally good footballers like Xhaka and especially Lacazette just draining in confidence in front of our eyes.

As Wes pointed out, we like Malcolm and are willing to pay 40m for the lad, but only if Sanchez goes, otherwise we’ll muddle on with bang average shít****s like Welbeck and Iwobi, both of who have a role to play but neither of whom should ever be first 11.

Selling to United, not ideal of course though some are looking on it as the footballing equivalent of a person shítting in their cupped hand. Sell the wee fúcker if they are the highest bidder, take Mkytarian if they are genuinely offering him, screw them for everything we can get. Then take Malcom also but ask him to jazz up his name.

And yes, in summary … Wenger out!

I can’t believe the above is still in debate.

I'd guess that Monty, Nicosia and Ian Harvey would be the main protagonists still banging on the Wenger in drum?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I'd guess that Monty, Nicosia and Ian Harvey would be the main protagonists still banging on the Wenger in drum?
    I spoke to Ian the other week and that didn't seem to be his position.

Just Monty and Nicos, I expect.

Does Ian Harvey still think we have a shot at winning the league?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Thing is, it's not an ideological question on which one has to take sides anymore. It's a purely pragmatic consideration. Wenger set CL qualification as the minimum benchmark by which to judge him and we finished outside the top 4 last season. We are now on course to finish outside the top 4 again, so by his own definition he is failing in his role. What alternative is there but to change managers?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Does Ian Harvey still think we have a shot at winning the league?
    When did he say that we did?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Wenger out
    The other day, eh?

Try "the other decade"
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."