Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Like I said the other day, we need change for change’s sake.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Someone from the press should ask him if there any threshold of performance and failure at which he would resign. Is there any threshold at which 'honouring' his contract is not in the best interests of the football club? Could another manager get more out of these players?

When I heard the rumour that Ancelotti was available at the end of the season I thought 'yes, please'. Right now I'd like him to start tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Someone from the press should ask him if there any threshold of performance and failure at which he would resign. Is there any threshold at which 'honouring' his contract is not in the best interests of the football club? Could another manager get more out of these players?

When I heard the rumour that Ancelotti was available at the end of the season I thought 'yes, please'. Right now I'd like him to start tomorrow.
    I'd still prefer a younger manager who we think might lead the club for the next 10+ years but as Burney points out, pretty much anyone would be an improvement at this point so if we don't have our eye on someone like Arteta (as an example) Carlo would do just fine for now.

I'm also assuming that this chap from Barca is effectively our director of football now and once SFC does the right thing and p1sses off, the new chap will start running the recruitment process. We badly need someone that can look objectively at the players we have and move out those not deemed good enough while scouring the world (as opposed to France) for the players we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Performances hasn't been the issue for years though; that's where we (the supporters) are all going wrong.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."