Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Like I said the other day, we need change for change’s sake.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, it's a fair point. Who else is doing better with our sort of spending?
    Perhaps this needs to be qualified by asking why our sort of spending is our sort of spending.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Perhaps this needs to be qualified by asking why our sort of spending is our sort of spending.
    Tottenham
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes, that is the salient point, I think. The question isn't whether someone else could do better with our level of spending, it's whether someone else could do better full stop, even if it involved spending more.

And then we get back to the whole why did we build the stadium etc etc

BTW I saw a surprising stat the other day. Chelsea have actually generated a profit in player sales/acquisitions over the past 4 or 5 years or something like that. Partly because of the Chinese, I think, but it surprised me nonetheless.

So you can add Chelsea to the list of teams doing better than us with similar spending patterns. Plus Liverpool as well possibly.