Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the mighty Donald has pointed out that some countries are ‘sh́tholes’ and is being

So the mighty Donald has pointed out that some countries are ‘sh́tholes’ and is being

called a racist for it.

This does seem to overlook the demonstrable fact that a lot of countries are shítholes.

I suggest that anyone calling him a racist for saying this is made to take a gap year in The Democratic Republic of Congo and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    called a racist for it.

This does seem to overlook the demonstrable fact that a lot of countries are shítholes.

I suggest that anyone calling him a racist for saying this is made to take a gap year in The Democratic Republic of Congo and report back.
    The chap seems incorrigible! He's just bantering his critics off again, drawing attention to the fact that they regularly describe America in similar terms.

And all the while the swamp slowly but surely drains away..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The chap seems incorrigible! He's just bantering his critics off again, drawing attention to the fact that they regularly describe America in similar terms.

And all the while the swamp slowly but surely drains away..
    Oh, yes. It’s funny watching the outrage from people who will happily listen to EU types slag the U.K. off, also.

I thought 'sh1tholes' was meaningless, offensive and trite.

I would have used 'backward'.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I thought 'sh1tholes' was meaningless, offensive and trite.

I would have used 'backward'.
    How offensive it was is irrelevant. The fact that it was true and he said it is what’s annoying his critics and delighting others.

For clarity, however, I think he really ought to provide a comprehensive list of which countries he considers ‘shítholes’. That would be even funnier

How offensive it was is irrelevant. The fact that it was true and he said it is what’s annoying his critics and delighting others.

For clarity, however, I think he really ought to provide a comprehensive list of which countries he considers ‘shítholes’. That would be even funnier
    Yeah but what he really meant was 'backward'. Using that term would also have provoked all sorts of rage but it also might have invoked a discussion which resulted in something positive i.e. a recognition that taking people from countries where they sh1t in the road and treat women as cattle and putting them in western, secular, multi-cultural democracies creates all sorts of problems.

By using 'sh1thole' he just brought attention on himself with little chance of a constructive outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yeah but what he really meant was 'backward'. Using that term would also have provoked all sorts of rage but it also might have invoked a discussion which resulted in something positive i.e. a recognition that taking people from countries where they sh1t in the road and treat women as cattle and putting them in western, secular, multi-cultural democracies creates all sorts of problems.

By using 'sh1thole' he just brought attention on himself with little chance of a constructive outcome.
    lol. Because there was a chance of a constructive outcome before him, do you mean?

No, that term, if he did indeed use it, cuts to the heart of the matter in a way everyone understands, instead of confuscating it to no apparent effect, as the high-minded have always done.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

And if it's not accurate, why are they often literally dying to get to the USA.

The whole thing also gives the Clinton Foundation's nose a little tweak as well #Haiti #Where'sTheMoneyGone

called a racist for it.

Honesty is frowned upon in the upper echelons of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And if it's not accurate, why are they often literally dying to get to the USA.

The whole thing also gives the Clinton Foundation's nose a little tweak as well #Haiti #Where'sTheMoneyGone
    Many of his wind-up tweets are actually sending little messages like that. The CF money vortex isn't the only Haiti scandal either. There's the human trafficking too. #LauraSilsby #LockHerUp