Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So it's another referendum then. Ignore Mrs May's firm assertion that there will

So it's another referendum then. Ignore Mrs May's firm assertion that there will

not be one. One decent Twitter storm and she'll fold like a cheap picnic table, then Comrade Jeremy will mobilise the nitwit millennials with promises of riches, free iPhones and affordable housing.

A push and shove boys and the land is ours, or theirs....whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    not be one. One decent Twitter storm and she'll fold like a cheap picnic table, then Comrade Jeremy will mobilise the nitwit millennials with promises of riches, free iPhones and affordable housing.

No. It’s just Nigel Farage trying to stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Maybe he can be the next Arsenal Manager.
    he might be a bit of a clown but he keeps winning.

Errr....no. Not it isn't. There is no possibility of a second referendum. Nigel Farage is irrelevant.

Also, you have to remember that Jez has actually committed to getting us out of the Single Market and the Customs Union, so he's a fairly unlikely figurehead for a Remain vote, I'd have thought.

I was going to post exactly that view when I saw the ghastly old goat last night

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Clearly desperate for one last six week slot of minor fame. The man's a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Errr....no. Not it isn't. There is no possibility of a second referendum. Nigel Farage is irrelevant.

Also, you have to remember that Jez has actually committed to getting us out of the Single Market and the Customs Union, so he's a fairly unlikely figurehead for a Remain vote, I'd have thought.
    A second referendum would be great fun. Even better, a second referendum where you get exactly the same result, to the nearest percentage point, would be even funnier.

Best of three?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A second referendum would be great fun. Even better, a second referendum where you get exactly the same result, to the nearest percentage point, would be even funnier.

Best of three?
    I would vote Remain again while secretly hoping that Leave won by a larger margin for no reason other than to watch Blair, Campbell et al try and squirm their way out of that one.

Clearly desperate for one last six week slot of minor fame. The man's a ****.
    It tells you what a profoundly unserious man Farage is that he would even contemplate risking this most hard-won result for the sake of his own ego. This is just one of the reasons why the serious Leave campaign ostracised the man as far as possible.

Interestingly, polling before the vote showed that whenever Farage had a particularly high public profile, support for UKIP would increase, but overall support for leave across the UK would dip because a lot of natural leave voters didn't want to be associated with Farage or UKIP. In that sense, while you have to give him credit that we wouldn't have got the vote without him, he's a very divisive figure even among Leavers.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I would vote Remain again while secretly hoping that Leave won by a larger margin for no reason other than to watch Blair, Campbell et al try and squirm their way out of that one.
    Blair has said with a straight face that he wouldn't rule out a third referendum in such a case. That's the sort of people we're dealing with here. The public vote means nothing to them unless it delivers the result they want. Gobshítes.

Mind you, if a Remain vote were returned, it would be fascinating to hear the reasons given as to why a third vote shouldn't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Blair has said with a straight face that he wouldn't rule out a third referendum in such a case. That's the sort of people we're dealing with here. The public vote means nothing to them unless it delivers the result they want. Gobshítes.

Mind you, if a Remain vote were returned, it would be fascinating to hear the reasons given as to why a third vote shouldn't be allowed.
    That surely is the biggest practical argument against a second vote, leaving aside the whole 'you dont get a second chance just because you lost' thing. A leave victory changes nothing, a remain victory would solve nothing, and simply make it 1-1.

To be fair to Farage I think he said it might be worth it just to shut Blair up and the leave majority would be bigger. I dont think that is necessarily true and, as you have said, it certainly wouldn't shut anyone up.

The only scenario where a second vote could happen is if the vote was specifically on the exit deal, in the context of accepting that we are leaving whatever the outcome. That sounds pretty complicated so it cant really happen.