Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So it's another referendum then. Ignore Mrs May's firm assertion that there will

It doesn't take a genius to know he's triangulating. But to what ends? I personally

wouldn't rule out a Labour shift towards a second ref, given the support among their members.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Career politician triangulating for political advantage you suggest? Your prescience is remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    for political pragmatism, with the intention at some point down the line of meeting the wishes of the overwhelming majority of Labour members by endorsing a second referendum?

Bearing in mind his own deputy has said a second ref is still on the table...
    I think 'triangulating' is giving them far too much credit. They are between a rock and a hard place on Brexit and are consequently trying to avoid committing either way. At some point they're going to have to jump, but they're hoping that things go sufficiently wrong between now and leaving that they can dress it up as an act of principle rather than a cynical and opportunist bit of politicking.

If that doesn't happen, a general election between now and us leaving is the last thing Labour want as it would force them to nail their Brexit colours to the mast and lose voters from one camp or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    wouldn't rule out a Labour shift towards a second ref, given the support among their members.
    Members are different things to voters, though. There are a lot of Labour voters who would take a move towards a second referendum very badly indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Members are different things to voters, though. There are a lot of Labour voters who would take a move towards a second referendum very badly indeed.
    Yes, why is why they are biding their time, as you outline above.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Herbs mate, the big lads are talking politics.

Stick to removing shíte from pipes.
    Will do mate

If you've any tarmac left over today my drive needs doing btw.

Will do mate

If you've any tarmac left over today my drive needs doing btw.
    Very good H.

Inoffensive banter eh. Where would we be without it.

Very good H.

Inoffensive banter eh. Where would we be without it.
    Well you keep repeating your shít pipe joke over and over again and we'll be fine.

Well you keep repeating your shít pipe joke over and over again and we'll be fine.
    Sorry H, never again.

I do realise you are some kind of computer nerd these days.

Now, now, children. If you can't banter nicely, then I won't let you banter at all.

Sorry H, never again.

I do realise you are some kind of computer nerd these days.

I am a humble programmer S. What exactly is it that you do? I know this question has been asked before. Aren't you also 'something' in I.T.