Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So it's another referendum then. Ignore Mrs May's firm assertion that there will

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That surely is the biggest practical argument against a second vote, leaving aside the whole 'you dont get a second chance just because you lost' thing. A leave victory changes nothing, a remain victory would solve nothing, and simply make it 1-1.

To be fair to Farage I think he said it might be worth it just to shut Blair up and the leave majority would be bigger. I dont think that is necessarily true and, as you have said, it certainly wouldn't shut anyone up.

The only scenario where a second vote could happen is if the vote was specifically on the exit deal, in the context of accepting that we are leaving whatever the outcome. That sounds pretty complicated so it cant really happen.
    Is everyone just playing for time now then? Maybe there'll eventually be no EU left to Brexit from?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Is everyone just playing for time now then? Maybe there'll eventually be no EU left to Brexit from?
    The shenanigans with the Visegrád Group are going to get worse before they get better, which could mean more countries leaving. After all, I don't think the Poles, Slovaks, Czechs and Hungarians are likely to come around to the idea of mass muslim immigration any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That surely is the biggest practical argument against a second vote, leaving aside the whole 'you dont get a second chance just because you lost' thing. A leave victory changes nothing, a remain victory would solve nothing, and simply make it 1-1.

To be fair to Farage I think he said it might be worth it just to shut Blair up and the leave majority would be bigger. I dont think that is necessarily true and, as you have said, it certainly wouldn't shut anyone up.

The only scenario where a second vote could happen is if the vote was specifically on the exit deal, in the context of accepting that we are leaving whatever the outcome. That sounds pretty complicated so it cant really happen.
    I think it would be touch and go as it was before. Sir John Curtice has made it clear that there has been no real shift in people's opinions since June 2016, so any vote would still be within the margin for error and thus too close to call.

A vote on the exit deal makes no sense. Your choice could only be between accepting the deal on the table or leaving with no deal at all. Either way, we leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    not be one. One decent Twitter storm and she'll fold like a cheap picnic table, then Comrade Jeremy will mobilise the nitwit millennials with promises of riches, free iPhones and affordable housing.

A push and shove boys and the land is ours, or theirs....whatever!
    Surely another referendum would be of no use as having already triggered Article 51 you can fúck right off / have started a sequence of events which cannot be reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Surely another referendum would be of no use as having already triggered Article 51 you can fúck right off / have started a sequence of events which cannot be reversed.
    The EU would bend the rules to have us back in a heartbeat because we've left them with a massive gap in their budget.

You don't see a version of events whereby Corbyn is simply triangulating

for political pragmatism, with the intention at some point down the line of meeting the wishes of the overwhelming majority of Labour members by endorsing a second referendum?

Bearing in mind his own deputy has said a second ref is still on the table...

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Errr....no. Not it isn't. There is no possibility of a second referendum. Nigel Farage is irrelevant.

Also, you have to remember that Jez has actually committed to getting us out of the Single Market and the Customs Union, so he's a fairly unlikely figurehead for a Remain vote, I'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Maybe he can be the next Arsenal Manager.
    he might be a bit of a clown but he keeps winning.

#FarageOut
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

I repeat, the man is a ****.

My deepest odium regarding Brexit is reserved for Boris. He was singularly ashen faced on the morning after the leave vote and behaved in a serpentine and disreputable way in the days that followed. He would have been expected to stand for PM following Cameron's resignation but the fat, scruffy snake knew a poisoned chalice when he saw one. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    for political pragmatism, with the intention at some point down the line of meeting the wishes of the overwhelming majority of Labour members by endorsing a second referendum?

Bearing in mind his own deputy has said a second ref is still on the table...
    Career politician triangulating for political advantage you suggest? Your prescience is remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Career politician triangulating for political advantage you suggest? Your prescience is remarkable.
    Herbs mate, the big lads are talking politics.

Stick to removing shíte from pipes.