Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So it's another referendum then. Ignore Mrs May's firm assertion that there will

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    select * from customers
    To a point but I have underlings to do that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That surely is the biggest practical argument against a second vote, leaving aside the whole 'you dont get a second chance just because you lost' thing. A leave victory changes nothing, a remain victory would solve nothing, and simply make it 1-1.
    Do it like in the football; two legs, aggregate score and all that?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Killed by GDPR?
    Been dying for years A, businesses moving to electronic means of communicating, lower cost etc.

GDPR will simply kill the already dying beast.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I think there is an argument to be made that any referendum (forget Brexit specifically) is more likely to be representative if you have a second and final vote.

A single referendum is always open to the criticism that people didn't take it seriously because they thought it was certain that the public would vote one way or the other, or that something was fundamentally misrepresented in the lead up to the vote etc etc. A second referendum would resolve many of those concerns with necessarily leaving us open to the possibility of a third referendum.

I don't want one, of course, but I don't buy the argument that you can't have a second one without considering the possibility of a third one.
    The trouble with this argument (aparty from the bullshít about people not taking it seriously) is that it’s innately authoritarian. It smacks of teacher being able to tell the naughty electorate to go away and think about what it’s done and come back with the ‘right’ answer this time. In other words, it undermines the whole nature and purpose of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    The "Tick here if you don't want our offers / junk mail" wording seems to have now been altered to say
    "do" and not "don't"

Good move
    Indeed, a subtle move where consent now has to be clearly indicated and affirmative.

In other words opt-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The trouble with this argument (aparty from the bullshít about people not taking it seriously) is that it’s innately authoritarian. It smacks of teacher being able to tell the naughty electorate to go away and think about what it’s done and come back with the ‘right’ answer this time. In other words, it undermines the whole nature and purpose of the process.
    Why is 'not taking it seriously' bullsh1t? The 18-30 year old bracket was seriously under-represented on a proportional basis, you don't think that it is possible that they took for granted that we wouldn't Leave? I do, although I would agree they deserve everything they get if that was the reason.

You portray the approach as being similar to a teacher and a naughty child but that's just a frivolous analogy meant to demean the approach. The reality is that some of the issues with a single referendum could be addressed with a second referendum without leading to a possible third referendum. That's my utterly irrelevant point.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To a point but I have underlings to do that for me.
    Underlings? - The polish tea ladies code?

I repeat, the man is a ****.

My deepest odium regarding Brexit is reserved for Boris. He was singularly ashen faced on the morning after the leave vote and behaved in a serpentine and disreputable way in the days that followed. He would have been expected to stand for PM following Cameron's resignation but the fat, scruffy snake knew a poisoned chalice when he saw one. ****.
    To think he was my MP, I voted for him

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Underlings? - The polish tea ladies code?
    Tea lady?

What year do you work in. It's all flat whites and green tea these days H.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Why is 'not taking it seriously' bullsh1t? The 18-30 year old bracket was seriously under-represented on a proportional basis, you don't think that it is possible that they took for granted that we wouldn't Leave? I do, although I would agree they deserve everything they get if that was the reason.

You portray the approach as being similar to a teacher and a naughty child but that's just a frivolous analogy meant to demean the approach. The reality is that some of the issues with a single referendum could be addressed with a second referendum without leading to a possible third referendum. That's my utterly irrelevant point.
    People who don't vote and then don't like the result don't get to turn around and have another go, ffs. That's rewarding voter apathy, ffs!