Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So it's another referendum then. Ignore Mrs May's firm assertion that there will

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Now, now, children. If you can't banter nicely, then I won't let you banter at all.
    Shut it posh boy. You'll get a fackin fat lip 'n all

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I am a humble programmer S. What exactly is it that you do? I know this question has been asked before. Aren't you also 'something' in I.T.
    Database management / profiling.

Wee bit of marketing also but that is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Killed by GDPR?

I am a humble programmer S. What exactly is it that you do? I know this question has been asked before. Aren't you also 'something' in I.T.
    Careful Herb, he does targeted marketing.

Make him mad and 2,000 of the latest Argos catalogue will be on your doorstep in the morning.

Can you write SQL, apart from

Quote Originally Posted by swv2 View Post
    database management / profiling.

select * from customers

Shut it posh boy. You'll get a fackin fat lip 'n all
    Posh Boy He's part Irish Herbs
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The "Tick here if you don't want our offers / junk mail" wording seems to have now been altered to say
    "do" and not "don't"

Good move
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Posh Boy He's part Irish Herbs
    There's Irish and there's Irish Pok. Arthur Wellesley was Irish yet is the greatest ever englishman, if you get my drift.

There's Irish and there's Irish Pok. Arthur Wellesley was Irish yet is the greatest ever englishman, if you get my drift.
    Being born in a stable doesn’t make one a horse imo

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That surely is the biggest practical argument against a second vote, leaving aside the whole 'you dont get a second chance just because you lost' thing. A leave victory changes nothing, a remain victory would solve nothing, and simply make it 1-1.

To be fair to Farage I think he said it might be worth it just to shut Blair up and the leave majority would be bigger. I dont think that is necessarily true and, as you have said, it certainly wouldn't shut anyone up.

The only scenario where a second vote could happen is if the vote was specifically on the exit deal, in the context of accepting that we are leaving whatever the outcome. That sounds pretty complicated so it cant really happen.
    I think there is an argument to be made that any referendum (forget Brexit specifically) is more likely to be representative if you have a second and final vote.

A single referendum is always open to the criticism that people didn't take it seriously because they thought it was certain that the public would vote one way or the other, or that something was fundamentally misrepresented in the lead up to the vote etc etc. A second referendum would resolve many of those concerns with necessarily leaving us open to the possibility of a third referendum.

I don't want one, of course, but I don't buy the argument that you can't have a second one without considering the possibility of a third one.