Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Do we believe the Ancelotti rumours? This summer?

Reckon Ancellotti is looking at it thinking he could do a way better job at training this lot that Arsene.

Would be fantastic to go into matches with an actual game plan and strategy.

We’ve got the players but Wenger is failing them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I know you are just being an idiot but it's actually
    Chelsea - two seasons, sacked
    Won the double in the first one- lost his job because Abramovich saw a bright shiny new toy he wanted to play with (Villa Boas, I think - that went well). Third highest win percentage in Premier league history behind Mourinho and Ferguson
    PSG - two seasons, sacked
    Actually one and half- Won the league in only full season and wasn't sacked - he resigned to go to Real
    Real Madrid - two seasons, sacked
    Won the European Cup
    Bayern - two seasons, sacked
    One and a bit seasons - still won the league
    Which sort of begs the question; if he won all that silverware why was he sacked at three of the four clubs after only two years?

Despite what we've become after all these years of Wenger, I'd still prefer we hire someone that might hang around for longer than 2-3 years. Carlo's recent record suggests that's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Which sort of begs the question; if he won all that silverware why was he sacked at three of the four clubs after only two years?

Despite what we've become after all these years of Wenger, I'd still prefer we hire someone that might hang around for longer than 2-3 years. Carlo's recent record suggests that's unlikely.
    Any particular reason you'd want someone who'd hang around .. ?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm basically open to anyone who can organise a defence at this point.

Is Pulis available?

I'm not going to mention Fabio Capello or Arrigo Sacchi

Darn, I did

Ok, I will not mention George Graham.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

None of the clubs involved would be really known for exercising patience with Managers, perhaps Bayern the exception.

Winning the domestic league is not deemed a success either, it is the most basic task required.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    None of the clubs involved would be really known for exercising patience with Managers, perhaps Bayern the exception.

Winning the domestic league is not deemed a success either, it is the most basic task required.
    No, Bayern are typical. They've had about a dozen (he says, consulting his instruments) managers/head coaches since we hired George Graham. Probably more.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

and if Arsene had gone off to one of these clubs at some point I am sure he would have been sacked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    and if Arsene had gone off to one of these clubs at some point I am sure he would have been sacked too.
    And there's the rub. Wenger has been great for us, so it's always uncomfortable when we appear not to appreciate that so much as we maybe ought to. The fact that He may or not have proved good enough for Bayern Munich or Real Madrid or whoever doesn't change that.

Well, few people turn down Real and I would say Bayern was different as there was a clear culture clash (they are so desperate to somewhere who understands Bavaria and the Bayern way, I have spoken to fans who thing Wenger is the ideal choice!) but how many other managers have stayed at Chelsea and Real for much longer? His successors in both those jobs didn't survive to the following March. He was at AC Milan for 8 years before that - don't think he chooses to go

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Any particular reason you'd want someone who'd hang around .. ?
    I like the idea of a project a la Spurs and Arsenal in the 2005+ years. No one supported the idea of building a young team and watching them grow together more than I did, I thought it was a brilliant idea and that we had the perfect manager for the job. Just a shame it didn't work out.

So I'd like another go. Why do I like the idea of a longer term project? Dunno, really. We'd need to ask your parents.