Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we believe the Ancelotti rumours? This summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The best man for the job may be the guy already in it, but we won't know that until we get rid of him and try someone else.
    Better the devil you know. Grass isn't always greener.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    His last four job outcomes as far as I can tell, remember I'm not a pervert:

Chelsea - two seasons, sacked
    PSG - two seasons, sacked
    Real Madrid - two seasons, sacked
    Bayern - two seasons, sacked

Hardly an inspiring record, is it?
    Didn't he win the league at all of them though?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We can talk in clichés until the cows come home, P.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We can talk in clichés until the cows come home, P.
    Indeed, a change is as good as rest. You always do what what you've always done and you'll always get what you always got, r

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think we're past that now. Wenger's continued presence is just making everyone miserable - including him. We need catharsis - for good or ill. We're at the stage where even the wrong man would be better than carrying on with Wenger.

Chelsea - two seasons, sacked, FA cup winner, premier league winner, community shield
    PSG - two seasons, sacked, league champions
    Real Madrid - two seasons, sacked, copa del ray, champions league, uefa super cup, fifa club world cup
    Bayern - two seasons, sacked, league title, 2 dfl supercups.

yeah he's rubbish

I know you are just being an idiot but it's actually
    Won the double in the first one- lost his job because Abramovich saw a bright shiny new toy he wanted to play with (Villa Boas, I think - that went well). Third highest win percentage in Premier league history behind Mourinho and Ferguson
    Actually one and half- Won the league in only full season and wasn't sacked - he resigned to go to Real
    Won the European Cup
    One and a bit seasons - still won the league

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think we're past that now. Wenger's continued presence is just making everyone miserable - including him. We need catharsis - for good or ill. We're at the stage where even the wrong man would be better than carrying on with Wenger.
    Yes. Even failing in a different way would ease the pain at this point. Also, Arsene has a book to write, with many volumes. He needs to get started on it. Also when he goes he'll be able to say what he really thinks about referees.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I know you are just being an idiot but it's actually
    Won the double in the first one- lost his job because Abramovich saw a bright shiny new toy he wanted to play with (Villa Boas, I think - that went well). Third highest win percentage in Premier league history behind Mourinho and Ferguson
    Actually one and half- Won the league in only full season and wasn't sacked - he resigned to go to Real
    Won the European Cup
    One and a bit seasons - still won the league
    I would take two seasons of something like that. Would rather we didnt sack him though...that sounds expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes. Even failing in a different way would ease the pain at this point. Also, Arsene has a book to write, with many volumes. He needs to get started on it. Also when he goes he'll be able to say what he really thinks about referees.
    I think it is more about further redefining success. Failure, of course, is simply not an option.