Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I’ve wanted a young Brazilian winger with pace and trickery

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Looking at his debut season Mustafi was a player of two halves so indeed it was questionable as to how he could go from one extreme to the other
    However he has reached a greater level of consistency this season and was vitally magnificent against Tottenham
    Best as the middle man in a three and a more suitable wearer of the armband than Per
    I am far from convinced about him being in the middle of the three, with Kos shoved to the side. I think it looked more stable with Kos in the middle.

either way, its ****ing ****e.

Kos has gone all wobbly lately
    Injury is to blame I think
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am far from convinced about him being in the middle of the three, with Kos shoved to the side. I think it looked more stable with Kos in the middle.

Yes, three central defenders tends to mean you don't think one or two of that three are really good enough, doesn't it.

Not sure that applies here though, as it was presented as more of a change-for-change's-sake solution, wasn't it. Even if one or two of the three really aren't good enough.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Or it means you have three top top CDs and either cannot decide on which one to leave out in a back four or you have full-backs who keep going awandering upfield
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Aside from the inaccuracies others have noted (your opinion of Per is ludicrous) you are moving the goalposts slightly with Mustafi. You stated that Wenger did things on the cheap and got it wrong- even if Mustafi is **** (he isnt) the point is that he wasnt cheap, far from it. If anything his being **** would only prove your theory to be even more inaccurate.
    Oh I didn't mean to suggest that Wenger *only* does it on the cheap and gets it wrong. He can get the expensive ones wrong as well.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, three central defenders tends to mean you don't think one or two of that three are really good enough, doesn't it.

Not sure that applies here though, as it was presented as more of a change-for-change's-sake solution, wasn't it. Even if one or two of the three really aren't good enough.
    Emergency jump leads when he had no ideas left. Won us another FA Cup, of course, but since then we've defended just as badly on the whole, and with a more dysfunctional midfield. I'm a bit worried about the damage to the two rosbifs back there as well.

Hold on, you've just used Kos and Mustafi as examples of Wenger's success but when they comprise two of our three CBs you describe it as 'f*cking sh1te'?

Explain yourself man, or is it just another 'Wenger Out'?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Emergency jump leads when he had no ideas left. Won us another FA Cup, of course, but since then we've defended just as badly on the whole, and with a more dysfunctional midfield. I'm a bit worried about the damage to the two rosbifs back there as well.
    Yes, I'm convinced He only signs English players because of their passports; they're not really "English players" in the way we understand the term.

Saying that, I sincerely hope at least one of them becomes the new Steve Bould.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Perfect if your goal is to make the top four and get value for money, yes. I was thinking of being more ambitious but I recognize that that was hopelessly naïve.
    I think that is entirely the goal of the football club.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Hold on, you've just used Kos and Mustafi as examples of Wenger's success but when they comprise two of our three CBs you describe it as 'f*cking sh1te'?

Explain yourself man, or is it just another 'Wenger Out'?
    My point was that the defence looks better with Kos in the middle but is still ****ing ****e because, well, we are ****ing ****e. The whole 'manager is a complete **** and the only good players we have want toleave' kind of thing.....

Even when the back three functions ok it has the worst central midfield in the history of football in front of it.... three Bobby Moores would struggle to keep a clean sheet with that **** as protection.