Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I’ve wanted a young Brazilian winger with pace and trickery

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Aside from Koscielny, Cech, Per, Monreal, Mustafi, Gallas, Big Sol, Sagna........
    Cech and Sol were on frees and it hardly took a genius to spot that those two would work, although I would argue that Cech's replacement should have been a priority this past summer.

As for the rest, Kos was a good buy, Per was not, Monreal was a good buy, Mustafi is very questionable at this point, Gallas was a nutter and Sagna was also good.

Would you like me to list the failures at this point? Nah. Can't be bothered although I'd start with Almunia.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Cech and Sol were on frees and it hardly took a genius to spot that those two would work, although I would argue that Cech's replacement should have been a priority this past summer.

As for the rest, Kos was a good buy, Per was not, Monreal was a good buy, Mustafi is very questionable at this point, Gallas was a nutter and Sagna was also good.

Would you like me to list the failures at this point? Nah. Can't be bothered although I'd start with Almunia.
    Harsh on Mertesacker over the entire period of his time with us. Perhaps this season is one too far but that is not his fault if so, he has done very well for us over the years and joined us at an exact time when we were footballistically ****ed.

Him and Lego head, perfect signings at the time.

Cech cost 10million so not a free ffs. Per was an excellent signing at a difficult time - ridiculous if you can't see that

Plenty of funny comments and posts in this thread
    WD AWIMB
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

World's End Stella "Mustafi is very questionable at this point"

I would question that

I would also question why Gabriel was shown the door so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Harsh on Mertesacker over the entire period of his time with us. Perhaps this season is one too far but that is not his fault if so, he has done very well for us over the years and joined us at an exact time when we were footballistically ****ed.

Him and Lego head, perfect signings at the time.
    Perfect if your goal is to make the top four and get value for money, yes. I was thinking of being more ambitious but I recognize that that was hopelessly naïve.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    World's End Stella "Mustafi is very questionable at this point"

I would question that

I would also question why Gabriel was shown the door so quickly
    You think Mustafi has looked like a 30mil+ CB, S? I thought he started very well but it was largely reported that Wenger was trying to get rid and it mystifies me how a German international with his experience can routinely throw himself into tackles the way he does. I think the jury being out is fair.

Gabriel I'm with you on, given some of the physical ability we saw I still don't understand how he didn't make it. I blame Wenger.

Aside from the inaccuracies others have noted (your opinion of Per is ludicrous) you are moving the goalposts slightly with Mustafi. You stated that Wenger did things on the cheap and got it wrong- even if Mustafi is **** (he isnt) the point is that he wasnt cheap, far from it. If anything his being **** would only prove your theory to be even more inaccurate.

Looking at his debut season Mustafi was a player of two halves so indeed it was questionable as to how he could go from one extreme to the other
    However he has reached a greater level of consistency this season and was vitally magnificent against Tottenham
    Best as the middle man in a three and a more suitable wearer of the armband than Per

Perfect if your goal is to make the top four and get value for money, yes. I was thinking of being more ambitious but I recognize that that was hopelessly naïve.
    Not naïve, I think. None of us realised that Wenger had actually become a de facto Director of Football, rather than a mere football manaager.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."