Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So. Tickets bought on the halfway line. Flights & hotel booked for the second leg.

So. Tickets bought on the halfway line. Flights & hotel booked for the second leg.

Fantastic to still be in the tie, I think. Wasn't really expecting it tbh. Though a draw with Chelsea is not unusual recently, they are champions, and by general consent miles better than us, so quite pleased really.

Shame about Jack's knack, of course. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Fantastic to still be in the tie, I think. Wasn't really expecting it tbh. Though a draw with Chelsea is not unusual recently, they are champions, and by general consent miles better than us, so quite pleased really.

Shame about Jack's knack, of course. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
    I am a bit confused did you move?

Hey Pat
    Did you see our Cousin Johnny sitting next to Wenger last night ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am a bit confused did you move?
    No, I was jokingly referring back to the old days when AWIMB would buzz with getting through a european tie and people would race on to post about how they'd booked flights and tickets to the next away leg. Exept this is the home leg and not a European tie and not a victory but I sort-of hoped the joke might possibly still work. Obviously not.

No, I was jokingly referring back to the old days when AWIMB would buzz with getting through a european tie and people would race on to post about how they'd booked flights and tickets to the next away leg. Exept this is the home leg and not a European tie and not a victory but I sort-of hoped the joke might possibly still work. Obviously not.
    I got it, a. Eventually.

Well done for trying though, A. Don't be sad.

Will you be coming over to Sweden to watch The Arsenal, A?

This is genius Ash. You have invented a whole new comedic genre. People come

to see you, don't have a farkin clue what you're on about, then gently chuckle to themselves the next day when it finally dawns on them. Delayed comedy which will eventually just get shortened to "delayed" and people will say "went to see Ash, this really great Delayed artist.

It will help your rise to fame if you could be a bit funnier though.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    It will help your rise to fame if you could be a bit funnier though.
    Thank-you to you all for your kind and consoling comments.

I DID actually buy a ticket though, and on the half-way line. Didn't fancy going if we were already out of the tie so I waited till after the first leg.

And no, I'm not going to Sweden.

I was fully on board A.

Funny looking back on it, almost a race to be first.