Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Final remaining member of Motorhead 'Fast' Eddie Clarke has died.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He actually acquitted some people. I'm not sure I've forgiven him yet.
    The one he acquitted was a Laird charged with horse whipping one of his servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    The one he acquitted was a Laird charged with horse whipping one of his servants.
    No. It was some poor junkie who he felt the police were fitting up.

There's a bit of pantomime in most Scots' 'hatred' of England imo. However, it's certainly every Scot Nat I've ever encountered. They all start off saying it's about self-determination and all that, but scratch the surface for a few seconds and it's 'the bàstard English' this and 'Sassenach twàt' that.
    I don't know how many other 'Nationalist' parties in Europe are vehemently pro-EU, but I do find that position somewhat inconsistent with claims to be about self-determination.

I should also declare that at one point I wanted to vote SNP solely because of their anti-NATO position, which I agreed with. They've ditched it now, of course. Feckin globalist imperialists. :thumbdown:

Well 'bhan' means 'woman'. As in 'bhan sidhe' or banshee, which just means 'woman spirit/ghost'. And as in the Shan Van Vocht or 'Poor Old Woman' meant to represent Ireland.
    Bean.

I am being reintroduced to it by means of having to check or help with my kids homework, which quite frankly is bollócks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't know how many other 'Nationalist' parties in Europe are vehemently pro-EU, but I do find that position somewhat inconsistent with claims to be about self-determination.

I should also declare that at one point I wanted to vote SNP solely because of their anti-NATO position, which I agreed with. They've ditched it now, of course. Feckin globalist imperialists. :thumbdown:
    Did you watch that Saudi Arabia thing yet, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Bean.

I am being reintroduced to it by means of having to check or help with my kids homework, which quite frankly is bollócks.

Really? I'm sure I've seen it spelt 'bhan'. But I will bow to your superior knowledge.

Does that not mean, though, that Sean Bean's name also means 'Old Woman'?

Did you watch that Saudi Arabia thing yet, btw?
    No, which channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, which channel?
    BBC2. It's called 'The House of Saud' or something. It'll be on iPlayer. It does a good job of explaining how Saudi manages the trick of being both the wellspring of global jihad and the West's most significant strategic ally at the same time. It's also good on the Saudi/Iran píssing contest that is currently defining the Middle East at the moment.

BBC2. It's called 'The House of Saud' or something. It'll be on iPlayer. It does a good job of explaining how Saudi manages the trick of being both the wellspring of global jihad and the West's most significant strategic ally at the same time. It's also good on the Saudi/Iran píssing contest that is currently defining the Middle East at the moment.
    Will watch that, ta