Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Final remaining member of Motorhead 'Fast' Eddie Clarke has died.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Err .. I am assuming then that Lemmy has gone to that great wart removal clinic in the sky?
    Yes. I think he was one of 2016's casualties, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    That's him
    The one with the skewed outlook on political events
    Sort of like an aggressive version of dear Jorge
    I fear he had a murderous temper on him and am glad he never actually got at you
    He was a provo, basically. Saw everything - up to and including World War Two - through the prism of his deep and abiding hatred of England. I don't mind a bit of Irish nationalism here and there - hell, I'll even sing a rebel song myself if sufficiently drunk - but I cannot stand the breed who think Irish patriotism simply means hating England.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. I think he was one of 2016's casualties, wasn't he?
    I forget stuff these days though I won't forget David Bowie passing as I thought he was immortal.

Imagine the enormous great brouhaha, kerfuffle and general to do there'll be the day McCartney takes a walk. Almost looking forward to it.

He was a provo, basically. Saw everything - up to and including World War Two - through the prism of his deep and abiding hatred of England. I don't mind a bit of Irish nationalism here and there - hell, I'll even sing a rebel song myself if sufficiently drunk - but I cannot stand the breed who think Irish patriotism simply means hating England.
    That, though, is every last Jock I ever met.

I forget stuff these days though I won't forget David Bowie passing as I thought he was immortal.

Imagine the enormous great brouhaha, kerfuffle and general to do there'll be the day McCartney takes a walk. Almost looking forward to it.
    To be honest, if the last time I saw him was anything to go by, he's started embalming himself. Mind you, he looks the type to live to a hundred. He might see me out, tbh.

Yet (I assume) he supported an English football club.

Bizarre.

As Jorge (RIP) called him
    Sir Thumbsaloft
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

To be honest, if the last time I saw him was anything to go by, he's started embalming himself. Mind you, he looks the type to live to a hundred. He might see me out, tbh.
    Worth remembering all the same that for every Sgt Peppers or Rubber Soul or Revolver there is The Frog Chorus.

That, though, is every last Jock I ever met.
    There's a bit of pantomime in most Scots' 'hatred' of England imo. However, it's certainly every Scot Nat I've ever encountered. They all start off saying it's about self-determination and all that, but scratch the surface for a few seconds and it's 'the bāstard English' this and 'Sassenach twāt' that.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Worth remembering all the same that for every Sgt Peppers or Rubber Soul or Revolver there is The Frog Chorus.
    You know The Frog Chorus was a song for kids in a kids' film, right? And, as such, it was very good.

I don't think Sir Paul ever thought he was writing the Eroica Symphony when he was knocking it together, tbf.