Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jorge...anyone know how to switch off twitter notifications for an individual

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I miss him, too. However, I think we could only tolerate one another when politics weren’t as febrile as they are now.
    Well yes politics were always the flashpoint.

When he went all football hipster on us we could easily shut that down but between Brexit and Corbyn and snap elections I think it all got too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well yes politics were always the flashpoint.

When he went all football hipster on us we could easily shut that down but between Brexit and Corbyn and snap elections I think it all got too much.
    It's a shame. He was amusing company in many other respects. Probably still is, for all I know. His politics were always sophomoric, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    When he went all football hipster on us...
    despite him not being able to spell the players names correctly.

he had his plus points. He liked the Wu Tang Clan.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I don't miss him

He needs to get off the internet for 5 minutes

Tony - you click on the little arrow next to his name and click mute

It's a shame. He was amusing company in many other respects. Probably still is, for all I know. His politics were always sophomoric, though.
    I always saw him as a tragic figure. Put aside his politics, the bloke spent his life on the internet and had all sorts of phobias and conditions which suggest he isn't all there.

I mean, he didn't seem to be intellectually bereft yet he held views that could only be supported if you were.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I always saw him as a tragic figure. Put aside his politics, the bloke spent his life on the internet and had all sorts of phobias and conditions which suggest he isn't all there.

I mean, he didn't seem to be intellectually bereft yet he held views that could only be supported if you were.
    He has no sense of smell, which seems to have made him particularly susceptible to bullshît.

He has no sense of smell, which seems to have made him particularly susceptible to bullshît.
    Fascinating point. I'd put it down to being an only child of an ambitious single parent (I seem to recall him mentioning it). Spoiled, used to getting their own way/unused to having views challenged properly during the crucial formative years. That sort of thing.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Fascinating point. I'd put it down to being an only child of an ambitious single parent (I seem to recall him mentioning it). Spoiled, used to getting their own way/unused to having views challenged properly during the crucial formative years. That sort of thing.
    Yes, that makes sense.

Clearly your parent's vocation has worn off on you, red. Have you figured yourself out yet?

Yes, that makes sense.

Clearly your parent's vocation has worn off on you, red. Have you figured yourself out yet?
    Of course. There's nothing to work out, that's the whole idea.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I must take issue with you slyly disparaging Jorge's intellect. He had a fine intellect, even if he was a little prone to embrace even the most esoteric of liberal orthodoxies. I always found his posts interesting and amusing and his intellect is at least equal to your own and quite possibly more refined.