Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jorge...anyone know how to switch off twitter notifications for an individual

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I must take issue with you slyly disparaging Jorge's intellect. He had a fine intellect, even if he was a little prone to embrace even the most esoteric of liberal orthodoxies. I always found his posts interesting and amusing and his intellect is at least equal to your own and quite possibly more refined.
    Right. I'd agree with that. So I just tried to make the point that rather than a question of intellect, it was more a matter of environmental genetics/conditioning.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Jorge had if I recall his account correctly, idealistic parents (parent singular? not sure) who sent him to a North London comp where white kids were minority and were subjected to some quite dreadful bullying. I think it is to his eternal credit he emerged from that experience with his values and ethics in tact.

Jorge had if I recall his account correctly, idealistic parents (parent singular? not sure) who sent him to a North London comp where white kids were minority and were subjected to some quite dreadful bullying. I think it is to his eternal credit he emerged from that experience with his values and ethics in tact.
    I don't think white kids are a minority in William Ellis, a school which pretends to be in Highgate even though it is in Kentish Town. I don't think it's a bad school either, if I recall from my stint working in the education sector.

I will chip in to say that I do also miss Jorge who was a very intelligent, likeable and eloquent bloke who could be great fun at times, when he wasn't demonising everyone who opposed the anti-democratic, prole-hating, House-of-Lords-aligned EU that he so adores. I presume he will be moving there if he hasn't already done so, as he does despise this country with a great passion.

I don't miss him enough to read his daily twitter-rants though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't miss him enough to read his daily twitter-rants though.
    if Jesus Christ himself returned to earth and started tweeting I still wouldn't bother. A medium I will have no part of.

Am I mixing J up with someone else on here? - possibly Strongy. I know Jorge sustained some quite serious injuries from Irish pikies on a train one time but I know he would still defend their rights to the death. A man of unassailable beliefs and integrity.

No relation to the legend that is Strongarm imo

One of the original Awimbers along with Alf Goonit.

-

Anyone who beats up Jorge receives a pardon from him and an understanding of why they kicked the shyte out of him
    Apart form the EDL obviously
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

if Jesus Christ himself returned to earth and started tweeting I still wouldn't bother. A medium I will have no part of.

Am I mixing J up with someone else on here? - possibly Strongy. I know Jorge sustained some quite serious injuries from Irish pikies on a train one time but I know he would still defend their rights to the death. A man of unassailable beliefs and integrity.
    He took a beating or two that he spoke of, but admitted that his gobby lip may have been a bit of provocation.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. I'd agree with that. So I just tried to make the point that rather than a question of intellect, it was more a matter of environmental genetics/conditioning.
    I found Jorge to be eloquent but not intellectual. He routinely engaged in arguments/discussions in which he put his view forward in an eloquent manner, however when presented with clear and obvious evidence that the view he was espousing was filled with logical holes, he would invariably resort to whataboutery and deflection, anything to divert the focus away from the fact that he couldn't argue his point logically.

I always assume people like this do so because they lack the intellect required. Possibly his 'conditions' prevented him from using the intellect he possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I found Jorge to be eloquent but not intellectual. He routinely engaged in arguments/discussions in which he put his view forward in an eloquent manner, however when presented with clear and obvious evidence that the view he was espousing was filled with logical holes, he would invariably resort to whataboutery and deflection, anything to divert the focus away from the fact that he couldn't argue his point logically.

I always assume people like this do so because they lack the intellect required. Possibly his 'conditions' prevented him from using the intellect he possessed.
    He was certainly stubborn. Whether refusing to listen to another point of view precludes the existence of intellect, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He was certainly stubborn. Whether refusing to listen to another point of view precludes the existence of intellect, I'm not sure.
    It wasn't so much that he refused to listen that led me to that conclusion. It was his inability to reply with a cogent, relevant counter point instead of deflecting the focus away from his - clearly illogical - stance.

Anyway, bloke was a nutter so our analysis means little,