Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jorge...anyone know how to switch off twitter notifications for an individual

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He was certainly stubborn. Whether refusing to listen to another point of view precludes the existence of intellect, I'm not sure.
    Not so much a refusal as an inability, born of the conditions I pointed out before. Twitter seems ideal as it's essentially millions of people shouting from their own rooftop, rather than the more tranquil and gentlemanly Stammtisch that is AWIMB.

imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Not so much a refusal as an inability, born of the conditions I pointed out before. Twitter seems ideal as it's essentially millions of people shouting from their own rooftop, rather than the more tranquil and gentlemanly Stammtisch that is AWIMB.

imo.
    WES is right insofar as one could put together a long post taking his assertions apart one by one in detail and he would ignore your points and just respond with ‘Yeah, but what about the monarchy and the House ofLords?’ Or ‘What about Saudi Arabia?’

It became tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    WES is right insofar as one could put together a long post taking his assertions apart one by one in detail and he would ignore your points and just respond with ‘Yeah, but what about the monarchy and the House ofLords?’ Or ‘What about Saudi Arabia?’

It became tedious.
    Yes. This. Exactly this. And no one had more experience of this than you I think, Burney.

Although perhaps I am being harsh assuming that this means he was a bit thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

It became tedious.
    1. Abolish them both.
    2. Nuke 'em.

Joking aside, I watched the Saud thing last night. Not bad, I thought. Not much new there for me (familiar with the Mujahadin they bussed into Bosnia from Afghanistan, and the arms shipments into Syria from E.Europe, support for ISIS etc) but interesting to see what they say about Prince Upside-down next week. The corruption of Prince Al-Waleed may extend way beyond the Saudi and the Middle East. Into the DC swamp itself even, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes. This. Exactly this. And no one had more experience of this than you I think, Burney.

Although perhaps I am being harsh assuming that this means he was a bit thick.
    I think you should all go and follow him on Twitter, to make amends
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Into the DC swamp itself even, perhaps.
    Indubitably, I reckon. Money doesn't grow on trees, after all.