Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixed feelings on that VAR ****. I felt it worked

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Much the same as goalkeepers
    Both are wronguns, but wicketkeepers have that fiercely annoying yappy Jack Russell (the dog, not the wicketkeeper, ironically) thing going on that makes you fantasise about burying your bat in their brain pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Third umpire was useless yesterday....

Read about that but hadn't seen it - ****ing hell. Imagine if that happened in proper cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Read about that but hadn't seen it - ****ing hell. Imagine if that happened in proper cricket
    An absolutely mad decision. We can only assume the third umpire had nipped out for a pee and the work experience kid was on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How often did that work? I'm going with 'never'.

One should never attempt to reason with wicketkeepers imo. They are generally subhuman.
    It hasn't ever worked but it would at least make me feel less guilty as I had provided a plausible explanation for the noise.

Once, on the following ball, I played the following delivery onto my off peg via the inside edge. The wicketkeeper was still clearly apoplectic and ran into my path as I left the field of play and screamed 'you f*cking hit that one didn't you, c**t?!' in my face

He got slapped with a 2 game ban for that.

Loooool LA

Jofra Archer with throw. This was his big catch yesterday.

The kid’s reaction was mine o:

Alongside VAR I would like the Refs to be miked up so we actually here their rationale.

That’s one aspect of the system in Rugby I like.

Would also help shame a few players ie the ones constantly moaning and swearing at the ref. Reckon you would see a massive reduction in this side of the game if they did that.

Alongside VAR I would like the Refs to be miked up so we actually here their rationale.

That’s one aspect of the system in Rugby I like.

Would also help shame a few players ie the ones constantly moaning and swearing at the ref. Reckon you would see a massive reduction in this side of the game if they did that.
    The TV companies would insist on it. And what the TV companies want, they tend to get.

Loooool LA

Jofra Archer with throw. This was his big catch yesterday.

The kid’s reaction was mine o:

wow - superb talent. Joke he can't play for English til 2022. He has an English father ffs (and the alternative argument that he could play for the Windies is a non-starter)

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As you know, p. The feel of the ball hitting the edge of the bat is something to which every batsman is immensely sensitive. Sure, the snickometer has shown us that there are infinitesimally small nicks that it's possible not to notice, but 99.995% of the time, if you nick it, you know. And given that Malan absolutely smashed the fücker, I cannot believe he didn't realise.

I remember on one occasion I was batting to save a game and did a great job of looking innocent as the fielders shouted for a catch behind. Once all the furore had died down and the wicketkeeper had finally finished calling me a cheating cünt. I looked down to take guard and there was a new, bright red mark on the edge of my bat
    Oh, without question, it is absurd that Malan didnt know he had hit it. Perhaps he thought it hit the pad first. Either way, you review it. Cook should have told him it didnt look out anyway.

I agree, I think you always know. I hardly ever nicked anything because my judgement outside off was impeccable- I was far too busy getting out lbw

One occasion I think it is possible that I may have nicked it. THe bat heavily brushed the pad at the same time and I felt that. It is slightly possible I may have nicked at the same time but I didnt feel it, so I didnt walk. Three aussies called me a cheating ****, without a break, for roughly the next hour or so. I said nothing and focused instead on leaving the **** out of every delivery for the rest of the afternoon. Match drawn, 87-3 from 47 overs. 22 not out.

I cant recall an afternoon where I have enjoyed myself more . I hope I did ****ing hit it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Oh, without question, it is absurd that Malan didnt know he had hit it. Perhaps he thought it hit the pad first. Either way, you review it. Cook should have told him it didnt look out anyway.

I agree, I think you always know. I hardly ever nicked anything because my judgement outside off was impeccable- I was far too busy getting out lbw

One occasion I think it is possible that I may have nicked it. THe bat heavily brushed the pad at the same time and I felt that. It is slightly possible I may have nicked at the same time but I didnt feel it, so I didnt walk. Three aussies called me a cheating ****, without a break, for roughly the next hour or so. I said nothing and focused instead on leaving the **** out of every delivery for the rest of the afternoon. Match drawn, 87-3 from 47 overs. 22 not out.

I cant recall an afternoon where I have enjoyed myself more . I hope I did ****ing hit it.....
    I always did the decent thing and walked. Although tbf not many of my dismissals were caught behind - difficult to stand your ground when you are caught on the boundary