Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mixed feelings on that VAR ****. I felt it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I always did the decent thing and walked. Although tbf not many of my dismissals were caught behind - difficult to stand your ground when you are caught on the boundary
    I seemed to frequently get out down leg side when the ball had clearly hit thigh pad/jumper/trousers, ****ing infuriating

I always did the decent thing and walked. Although tbf not many of my dismissals were caught behind - difficult to stand your ground when you are caught on the boundary
    I took the view that no bowler was going to recall me if I was given out when they knew I wasn't, so I was fücked if I was going to walk to help them out.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I seemed to frequently get out down leg side when the ball had clearly hit thigh pad/jumper/trousers, ****ing infuriating
    I was once caught off my pad when I'd played the ball with the bat behind the pad and absolutely hadn't hit it. That fücked me right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I took the view that no bowler was going to recall me if I was given out when they knew I wasn't, so I was fücked if I was going to walk to help them out.
    I fully appreciate that view - just think it is a personal thing. Wouldn't enjoy a victory if I knew I was out

I was once caught off my pad when I'd played the ball with the bat behind the pad and absolutely hadn't hit it. That fücked me right off.
    Perhaps you were LBW by not playing a shot
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I fully appreciate that view - just think it is a personal thing. Wouldn't enjoy a victory if I knew I was out
    Meh. A win's a win.

It has always bothered me that there's supposed to be a moral imperative for the batsman to own up when he thinks he's out, but absolutely none for the fielding side not to appeal for absolutely everything even when they know it's not out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Perhaps you were LBW by not playing a shot
    Well by the interpretation of the laws at the time, I was playing a shot and it was six inches outside off stump and only going wider, so I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Funny thing was I don't think in years of cricket I ended up with that many bad calls against me. Only one that really sticks out I was given out caught behind when I was nowhere near it - umpire tried to excuse himself by saying I the other umpire would have given me out stumped anyway (even though the shot - admittedly poor - was off the back foot). I got 75 and had just been robbed of a six by a cheating fielder calling it a four. Needless to say I very much enjoyed the fact that we routed the opposition in the field

Meh. A win's a win.

It has always bothered me that there's supposed to be a moral imperative for the batsman to own up when he thinks he's out, but absolutely none for the fielding side not to appeal for absolutely everything even when they know it's not out.
    Yep - didn't like my teams doing that either. Or giving needless **** to batsman or questioning the umpire. Standards, b

I took the view that it was the umpire's decision. Who am I to interfere with his work?

I was once stumped off a leg side wide (nowhere near leaving my crease) and was on 49 at the time. ****s.